Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 12:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA Miniature Professional Football League?

I came across this website for this league. I just was wondering if anyone here plays in that league and how exactly is it different than the regular leagues? Just curious. The whole Professional league sounds good though!!

CowboyMike
Old 05-23-2010, 12:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Yes, that is a style developed by Anthony Burgess.
I have not played in this style, so I should not comment on it too much, but from what I've read, it looks to be a very intense, competitive style of play.
MFCA member #31
Old 05-23-2010, 02:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Question Professional

What makes this league consider itself to be pro?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Dont know just wondering how they play?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Go here: There is a whole forum about the MPFL.
http://www.miniaturefootball.com/for...splay.php?f=19

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 05-23-2010, 03:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NFL RULEBOOK

COACHES,

It is considered professional because it is the only league in our craft that follows the NFL rulebook to the letter. The actual NFL rules are the rules for this style/league. Anthony burgess named iT Miniature professional because it is not considered ELECTRIC FOOTBALL. It is considered a chess like table top game for football enthusiast. Not burgess, but coaches have told me his style is the next level. During pass plays you must turn your offensive lineman back towards the line or it is an ILLEGAL man down field. All the action, rules/plays/penalties etc etc happen on the playing surface. If a defender interferes with a receiver running downfield it is going to be called. EXACTLY WHAT YOU SEE ON SUNDAYS IS HOW THIS LEAGUE IS PLAYED. You have to actually kickoff and punt with a kicker. Where the ball lands is where it will be run back. This league is based on football knowledge alone. This is why he states tweaking and ttqb skills are not factors in this style/league. The key is to get your team and playbacks ready, not just the equipment.

Coaches have privately told me this is too much for them . That is fine because it is not for everyone. EVERYONE SHOULD JUST VALUE HOW THEY PLAY. But for me personally, if i cant play it exactly like it is played in the nfl then why am i here. Realistically, these rules are made by the NFL. IF WE ARE PLAYING WITH NFL FIGURES. What better ruleset can you play by than the NFL.

Another thing that makes it professional is the stops to recreate running and blocking situations that of a human being. That can only be done via stops. This allows you to cut back against the grain if need be. Wr's precise route running. Qb escapability on every stop.. magnet play to discipline the players.(Hold them in place to read and react).

It is the nfl rules on a miniature playing surface. coaches have expressed that watching the MPFL games is like watching an NFL game on sunday. ITS THE SAME THING.

THANX
MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 05-23-2010 at 03:53 PM.