Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think and hope Robert does not feel singled out, as he is really the only one out here using the TDQ, he has improved his game, hell, he was the most improved coach out here last season for that matter and deserves some props for that.

HE has improved his game, his game was not improved by the TDQ, he was passing his arse off with it last year !!

The same points you make about equipment standards Robert can also be said of rules too.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
I agree with Shabby completely, so at my next game, I will be playing with my new football. I have yet to miss a pass with it all though my yards after the catch has something to be desired.

There are reasons for standards. Shabby, I love to argue with you!!
See Wolf, I knew we would agree on something one of these centuries!

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Coach

Nope....don't feel singled out, but I am getting tired of the debate over some of the equipment and rules in our games. I don't like outlawing anything related to players and bases except for stuff that borders on ridiculous. I have seen players with arms twice the length in ratio to their torso when compared to any human being (and some had arms that could be bent like Stretch Armstrong). I have also seen figures used that would scale out to something like 8 feet tall and weigh 500 pounds. I have also heard of some folks using mild magnets that aren't strong enough to hold their guy in place....but that might be hard to knock down or move out of the way.

That is why I really like the way we play the game out here in L.A. We allow all sorts of new and old gear and despite the heartburn, I see the same guys winning anyway. More boat bases bred more cover corners. The backwards line led to more guys with their hands up. A lack of 1st run Prolines led to many buying and learning to tweak the new super Prolines. It all goes to prove that it is the mind and skill of the coach that wins the game after all....well, except for that ******** box sometimes....

Last edited by FrustratedFinFan : 10-18-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default GENO'S PRODUCTS

Coaches,

shabby is right, geno's tdq has changed the throwing game completely. it has afforded coaches to pass a lot better and compete. everyone must remember, not all coaches have the old ttqb with the hard plastic that does not breakdown after a few practice throws. THE PLASTIC IS NOT THE SAME . Gee, that's funny, the old ttqb is not mass produced anymore but those who did have them still use them and want others to use the ned ttqb. hummmmmm. geno comes along with a better product than both and some are skeptical. don't think so. The guy made a great product.

1)The ttqb- you are pulling back the entire body, why d you think the legs get weak after a while.

2)The tdq- your pulling back just the arm the way a product should have been made in the first place.. NO KNOCK ON TUDOR. Remember, back then, they had to make something to put in the box to make the kids feel they were qb's.

Why should a new coach continually buy new ttqbs after one weakens over time. When you can buy 1 tdq that will last forever. I brought several from geno and still use the first one. why, IT DOES NOT WEAKEN !
Correct me if im wrong, Don't you want to practice with the same qb over and over so you can get in rhythm with that one qb. How are you supposed to do that if you have to keep buying new ones.
One coach said, don't use the new ttqb's until the game, this way they will last longer. THEN WHEN THE H%4& ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PRACTICE.

Do the math people, 1 geno qb $15 that last forever.

or

buy new ttqb's from miggle over and over.

Which one do you think will turn out cheaper in the end.

NO KNOCK ON MIGGLE, THEIR TTQB of today is not built to perform over time. its a different plastic. Also, coaches should be throwing with an arm and not the entire body. The mechanics are different.

I SAID BEFORE, when is the last time you saw someone in a phone booth ?

when cell phones are available all over the world.

The world has caught up in miniature football. Those coaches who always won yesteryear with their base tweaking and other little tricks. When other coaches did not understand their equipment and winning ways. Now that we have pro line bases, tdq's, a better knowledge of how bases work, tweaking tools, etc etc . Now the playing field has been leveled off and it is harder for those championships to come by. The world is not as it was when rules 2000 came out. Much has changed in a decade. Many innovative people who you never knew about have entered the ef life. as don barzini told the godfather, "Don corleone, times have changed " . meaning, it's not about booz and gambling anymore. Other avenues have opened up for the mob to make money.

But you will always meet people in life who are like old grandparents.You can offer to buy them a million dollar house on the water as a present. But they rather just stay in their old house in the neighborhood. Their reason, THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW !

If you want to ban the tdq, then ban all ttqb's that were made 100 years ago.

Also, you cant say anymore you cant find boat bases when geno is advertising that he is now selling them. What will be the excuse now for not allowing them on entire teams. That they are too over powering, they cant be stopped. Then get yourself some also for your offensive and defensive line. if a coach wants to upgrade his team due to a gameplan. Products are out there for all to buy. he wants to spend his hard earned money. Why the micro managing of ef equipment. We are talking basic ef equipment. No one is asking to put a mc farlane team on the field. A boat base is not 5 inches long. A tdq is not 7 inches in height.

bottom line is, they playing field has been leveled and everyone still has to coach.

1)are you not allowing product change to your benefit ?

2)will you allow product change to every ones benefit?

Quick note on weight.

I prefer 4.0 to 3.2, but prefer weighted to 4.0
examp, just watched the jags and titans. One of them has a lineman they call "pot roast". This is because he is so much bigger than everyone else. Is he the same weight as the person he is gong up against ? NO
His is just big and that is all the other lineman know. same with the fridge.
Just pointing out why do we need to know if our opponent is 3.2 or 4.0.
Is that so we don't get pushed around so much ? hmmm

BUT I STILL SUPPORT 4.0 IN THAT ARENA !!!!!

Thanx
mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 10-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I am amazed...

all this over a freakin' football.

BTW - in all real leagues - doesn't matter - there are standards - for good reasons.

The NFL allows 1 football only and has tightened controls on that.

NCAA allows on balls they approve with a specific pattern.

You are only allowed to use a specific height tee to kick from....

And so on.

Bottom line - if you like the rules/style of play and are having fun play in that league/tourney then play in it - if not then don't - period.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default this is getting

When is enough enough ????

this QB is only A LITTLE taller then that one...

this ball is only A LITTLE bigger then those balls....

these figures are only A LITTLE heavyer then those figures...

STOP ALREADY !!!!!!

this right here is the PRIME reason that this hobby is going to DIE !!!!

the petty argument over stupid things..noone willing to MAN UP and just say NO !!! and make one set of rules that everyone will abide by.
Instead we have EGO EGO EGO in the way.. instead of sitting down and seriously talking about things we just keep throwing things like this out there to , but NOONE will sit down as a group and really hash out anything because they all KNOW as a group, (meaning all of us) the rules, equiptment, and styles they come up with will be shot down by the masses and thier EGO,S. (i dont like this or that cause it limits ME to what I can do mentality)

Please stop the insanity already....

I love this game as much as the next person, but really take a LONG and HARD look at this and you will see....LIKE IT OR NOT.. that the main ROOT to all this nonsence ......

ITS US !!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think that Pirate Rick should be required to wear an eye patch when he passes and should use the word argh instead of hut. That would make it fair when I play him!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default rick is right

coaches,

rick is right, we just need a serious group to sit down and make decisions together. Put it out to the masses and thats it. The majority will out weigh the minority eventually. This way, all are on the same page in any state or any country. It will will be simple for all to play the game at any time.

mantaraydre
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I agree

I agree with SHABBY J. Way too many bans and limits in MF. And yes we're beating that DEAD HORSE again!!!!
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Coach

We have this debate over and over....and nothing is going to change. I see no real reason to have a standardized rule set at all. If you travel to another region, expect to play by the rules that are in play there. I know standardizing the rules makes it better for the uber-competitive folks, but is that what we really are shooting for?? The idea that standardizing the rules makes this hobby easy for newbies is also ludicrous. This hobby is complex, expensive and a labor of love. Those that see it and get interested will make the necessary preparations to join in the game. How can anyone believe that CBSMF rules or LAEFL style rules are accessible to a beginner, especially when coupled with the learning curve of the TTQB/TDQ, base tweaking, etc?