Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Coach

Default Childhood eflers you wish still played

While all this top coaches list made me think about some of my childhood coaches that I wish stilled played like David Mitchell big browns fan used just run run run!! Or Craig White or Renault Davis!! We had fun then!!! How about U??
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

We had a big league as kids. Our league had 16 + coaches. All were not good coaches but all were great characters. Here is my list. Doug. H. Paul. B. Troy. F. Are just a few of the ones I wished still played. Great question
Old 12-01-2010, 09:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Two guys I wish...

were still playing from our childhood league and both are Joe's. Joe V. was my best friend straight through high school and was a huge Redskins fan -we darn near froze to death one Sunday in Buffalo watching the his Skins' beat the Bills 7-3 and we were in the rest room warming up when the Redskins scored (he has Redskins season tickets now). When I got back into EF he sent me some of the teams I painted for him back then.

Joe R. and I played football 24/7 - sandlot, Pop Warner, EF, high school - in fact he was the guy who introduced me to EF (on the Colts vs. Cowboys Super Bowl set). He was a huge Colts fan (his family was originally from B-more) and one of the fastest guys I ever played sports with.

Great memories.......
Old 12-01-2010, 09:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Wink The Entire Howard Family...

these cats were tweaking and flashing bases back in the 80's. We would play with dimes on our men and they would just release...wr's that got in your backfield so fast all you could do was . God forbid they get a wr open when they are on Offense. Them boys were hitting passes so accurately....we all threw ours away and ran the ball(weighted) .....old habits never die....run. On a good note they forced you to learn how to defend against the pass. 4 safeties.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Ok,lets see..Glen Wilfong,Dave Mobley,and Booster(they all played with Philly) They were the top dawgs!! Then there was Chris Davis,who after years of begging this man,he finally caved in,and gave me all his Bears in dark & light(about 45men back then) and his "wooden board"...but if I could get 1 coach,it would be my cousin Darron McCoy(JETS),I still report back to him about my games,and leagues near him..Jersey is sitting on a bunch of talent!!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Old Times

I wish I could have a reunion of guys I played MF with in my junior high days. Guys like Joe Jenkins, Donnie Ebberts, Greg Brown, Alan Jones, and Mike Murphey. We played all of the time in the winter. In better weather we would play ball outside. I wish my family had not moved before my freshman year in high school.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

my list is long

PAT CASEY
TONY JONES
AL JONES
DERRICK ENGLISH
CALVIN MATHAW
BARNETT BROWN
ZEFF KENNEDY
BRIAN THOMPSON
KEN DUNN

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Back when I was 11-14 years old or so my friend Tony Plet and I would play EF all the time. He'd come over after school on Friday and that's all we'd do all weekend. We had a huge league with 20 teams between the two of us - we'd play short games and get 20-30 games in over the weekend. Tony had Cystic Fibrosis and passed away in his 20s. Whenever I sit down to play EF, more often than not I think of Tony.

Jeff