Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 09:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Vince has always been good to me, with conversations of the future of EF and business strategy's. Not sure, but I believe his figures speak louder than his bases. How many were able to see his Spartans?
An all out unreal built team.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Anybody have pics of his team, Got a chance to meet Vince for a short period seemed down to earth to me. I hope he enjoyed Columbus.!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default steeler fan

steeler fan

i brought vines team back up in THE GALLERY SECTION UNDER

" THE EXCLUSIVE CAUGHT ON "

NICE.

**Here are 3 of the pics

MANTARAYDRE
Attached Images

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-24-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I was blown away!! Glad to have had a room,a few doors down from his.He told me and a couple friends,he would stop through..and he did..5:30am fri,kicked it for about a hour with us,talking bout everything!! and yes,I saw the SPARTAN squad!!! He ran 1 play,and I thought,this man's a genius..me and MARTY,was up like,crack fiens!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Vince was in Columbus this past weekend????
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
. . . Thanks for the insight. Pretty much what we saw at Miggle this weekend. If that was four years ego that we are looking at a consistent pattern giving.
As long as i have know him , ANYONE WHO WANTEDhis help have been welcomed.

i just dont understand why people here DONT want his help at all...and i even get picked on for going to him to learn but i am relativley new to the L.A.E.F.L and i dont really know all the past history between the league and Vince. I just know that there is bad Blood between them and it's a shame.

but i will say this...(and i love that he does it this way too). when he shows me a new play or base etc... he SHOWS me how to do it...Walks me through the steps...then has ME do one for HIM and wont let me stop till i get it or get real close.... then he actually gives me "homework" and i have to re-create "X" amout of the new base before i can come back for the next lesson... thats how i have gotten so good so fast... he instilled the desire into me to get better and try to be the best i can be.

But you guys got it ken...and i am glad ya'll got to pick his brain alittle... i guess i kinda take for granted that we live an hour from each other and we hang out alot.but believe me i know how lucky i am....and i am not ashamed to say that if it were not for the help Vince i would still be a sorry team and coach struggling to win 4 games a year instead of now being one of the top coaches in the league in only 2 years.... the credit all goes to him and his teachings..

Last edited by Pirate Rick : 01-25-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default No shame

hey rick, whats happening.

First off, how many guys in the hobby are like vince in the skills department.
skills department on his level, NOT MANY ! Why does 99% of coaches who come in contact with vince come away stunned. THEY PROBABLY SAW SOME THING THEY NEVER THOUGHT WAS POSSIBLE. Instead of teaching you any particular style, he is showing you the basics on an extreme level so you can be great no matter where you go. from what im reading, vince seems to be a pure and bonified lombardi/belchik type of coach. IM GOING BY WHAT I AM HEARING. i guess many mis read him as a person who brags. what did ALI SAY IN HIS BOXING RANTS. " It aint bragging, if you can back it up. FROM WHAT IM READING, IT SEEMS HE IS BACKING EVERYTHING HE SAID UP.

I say be thankful you have vince to consult with and to help you become a better coach. Why do this if you do not want to become a better coach.
I love all the LA guys and im not sure what happened out their, but we all only have a short time to enjoy the game. Hope something gets worked out.

Just remember rocky 3 when apollo took rocky back to the old gym and neighborhood to learn more of the basics and to get the eye of the tiger back. They became friends after that i recall. It's almost natural to bicker amongst peers, only because your in the same business.

FROM WHAT IM READING, it sounds like he enjoys teaching what he knows to the people who did not cut class.
I just hope someday things will be o k again on the westside. many more coaches are planning on coming to the open run in october, lets all just have fun.

thanx
mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-25-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Vince

Just after I arrived, I walked next door to rm 409 where some of the Mid-Ohio guys were playin.

Hoop immediately introduces me to Vince, did not expect that...1st chance I had, I asked him if he would help me learn a bit about his tweaking style.

He don't know me from Adam and says no problem and tells me where he'll be. He was very kind, laid back, an excellent teacher and obviously he can tweak.

I got the chance a second time when Vince invited me to a midnight tweak session in Mark K's rm. That was a great time being part of the question/answer between he and Mark.