Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2007, 02:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decal Master View Post
Jimbo,

What are you doing man? You know it's a felony to praise this system in public. What are you some sort of long haired revolutionary?

We want to make the game better with these changes and nothing more. But the opposition in getting the word out to the community has been fierce. People normally don't like to committ to change unless undesputed evidence to the point is produced.

Like Jimmy Hendrix used to say "are you experienced? Well I am"

OK, AB is to be commended for his desire to expose everyone to another style of play, he has done a good job on the DVD from what I have seen, however, this is just multi-stop MF. How many guys have played or experimented with this exact style for years, it is not new, it is not rocket science and to be honest I am sick and tired of reading which one of you guys think you have the most technical football knowledge. It has been well established on this board lately who "thinks" they know more than everybody else about football, not MF, but the real deal. I am tired of hearing Pop Warner this, high school that, college this, Semi-pro that. Quit acting like you know more about football than everyone else, that way of thinking and braggadocio plus the constant tearing apart at the more traditional styles of play is why people have and still have trouble "praising" AB's system.

I do not see where this is the "be all end all" style of MF play. If I want to play chess I will play chess, if I want a real football sim I'll go to my Xbox 360 and put in Madden 08. I like the DFW style, I like the strategy divider style, I like the old school one stop pitch and pass and I welcome this style, but please keep the condescending elitist I know more about X's and O's than you way of thinking to a minimum. AB has managed to turn my thoughts of him and his system around into something I can appreciate (not embrace, but appreciate, mostly for his desire to evolve), but you are taking him back into the other direction lately in my opinion.

That's my $.02 worth and roast beef sandwiches are fantastic!

Shabby J
Old 11-11-2007, 05:25 PM
JIMBO

Default I Appreciate...

...your comments Shabby J, but the only reason I listed my credentials was to affirm the fact that this system is almost as real as REAL football as advertised. The only exception being the 1:30 it takes to RUN a friggin' Blast or Dive!!! My response was really not directed toward anyone but AB and Bill. Kind of a boost of moral support for two of my Brothers-At-Arms. I could have done a PM, but I didn't. :p

Without the accreditation, I could just be a regular Joe (not Michigan Joe who also is a creditable source of football knowledge!) with "zero" football knowledge, but plenty of "electric football" knowledge. My intent was not to insult anyone's knowledge or their level of experience whether REAL or MF. :rolleyes:

Hope to catch you on the wiggly-wood one day.

Jimbo
Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 PM
WallyJ

Shabby J,

I'm sorry if I offended you by mentioning my past football experience. It was not intended dis anyone. My reply was to Jimbo and I thought it was great that we had something in common.

With your comments on others coming up with multi stop. Did they ever share that with the MF community? I've been on the boards since 96 and I can only remember AB talking at length about it.

Wally
Old 11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Pefectly Understood Jimbo

I guess at times I need to read these posts with a grain of salt if you will. I forget that in reading text on a forum board we are missing the emotion and subtle nuances that usually accompany a conversation and can come away with a different understanding of what may have actually been intended.

All is well!

Shabby J
Old 11-11-2007, 06:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That's How I felt

Man that's how I felt every time I would write a post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby J View Post
I guess at times I need to read these posts with a grain of salt if you will. I forget that in reading text on a forum board we are missing the emotion and subtle nuances that usually accompany a conversation and can come away with a different understanding of what may have actually been intended.

All is well!

Shabby J
Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyJ View Post
Shabby J,

I'm sorry if I offended you by mentioning my past football experience. It was not intended dis anyone. My reply was to Jimbo and I thought it was great that we had something in common.

With your comments on others coming up with multi stop. Did they ever share that with the MF community? I've been on the boards since 96 and I can only remember AB talking at length about it.

Wally
No offense taken Wally, all is good. I take nothing away from Anthony, he is a good man and we should be thankful to people who give us yet another option or style of MF play to explore. What I meant was a way to help cool certain people's attitude that his way is the only way and people are assuming that if we truly had any football knowledge we would only play his way. I also think that with all the people playing MF over the last 40 years or so that multistop has been done, I guarantee it. It's just that Anthony is the one who focused on it, brought it to DVD and created a rule set to accompany it.

That's all for me on this. I am square with AB, we have communicated.

Shabby J
Old 11-11-2007, 09:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default FYI, The Name Is ????

With much respect to all, I request that MPFL be called just that, it is not multi stop as you know it.

Please think of it as this..............

AB = Could mean Andrew Brown, Anny Barnes, Adam Bates, Adrian Baxter, Allen Black or Anthony Burgess. It can mean many any of the names above, so please call my system by it's proper name. MPFL

MS= Multi stop, many stop,.......

MPFL= Miniature Professional Football League, it is not multi stop as you know it, it's a hole nother creature

Read the History and Philosophy pages on the web site to get a better understanding of what this is and how it came about.

Thank You

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 11-11-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 PM
JIMBO

Default IF

...you weren't swoller than me, I'd put you in a headlock and noogie you til your hair fell out! Oh wait, you got a tight-fade! Never mind. :rolleyes:
Old 11-11-2007, 09:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Man !!!!!!!!!!!

Man, LOL,LOL,LOL, You're my boy Jimbo, I wish you could see the smile on my face right now,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
...you weren't swoller than me, I'd put you in a headlock and noogie you til your hair fell out! Oh wait, you got a tight-fade! Never mind. :rolleyes:
Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 PM
WallyJ

Shabby,

Excellent! I'm glad you spoke with Anthony... he's a good man.

Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby J View Post
No offense taken Wally, all is good. I take nothing away from Anthony, he is a good man and we should be thankful to people who give us yet another option or style of MF play to explore. What I meant was a way to help cool certain people's attitude that his way is the only way and people are assuming that if we truly had any football knowledge we would only play his way. I also think that with all the people playing MF over the last 40 years or so that multistop has been done, I guarantee it. It's just that Anthony is the one who focused on it, brought it to DVD and created a rule set to accompany it.

That's all for me on this. I am square with AB, we have communicated.

Shabby J