Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Coach

Default paint first or try it out

When putting together a team, do you paint the figures first or do you try them out then paint? And whats a good way to fill the positions on your team?
Old 02-20-2008, 01:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Andre,
I don't think its necessary to "test a figure" unless you have a completely unbalanced custom pose. And even then, I love the challenge of tweaking bases for non balanced figures.

Overall I love to customize, paint, and detail figures. I also love the aspect of "basing them up", which simply means picking a base style and tweaking that base for a specific performance. I've made it a point to completely paint and detail a figure prior to basing them up. The reason is by holding myself back from tweaking a base for the figure, I am more motivated to complete the painting and detailing. Once I complete painting and detailing on a team or figure its kind of a treat to switch gears to start basing them up. Maybe if you are doing a full team of 22+ players, you could break things up by painting/detailing the offense first then base them up followed by paint/detail the defense and base them up. This could break up the task of painting so that you don't get too tired of that. Also, I like to completely paint/detail and base up one figure before starting on the rest of the team because having a "complete body of work" on one figure is motivation for completing an entire team.

Joe
Old 02-20-2008, 01:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

it all depends on you.....

however, I find it sometimes a little difficult to choose which player will be which figure. Since I am mostly traditional, I find that use more of the same figures at the same spots on most of my teams.

I guess good results put me in that frame of mind. Some figures are better than others at specifc positions.

for example - at OLB (outside linebacker) I like BB Mr.E; standard tackle; standard DB figure and all 3 gives me different taste for the base that each would get.

At RB (running back) I have used every figure at least once except the blocker and the BB-OL figure.

Now when I go custom - everyone is possible......

FF.com atheletes are a different beast altogether because you can make a pose if the standards are not what you want .

next problem I have after the selection process is what type of shoes (bases) for each player......

while that's how it is in my lab, anyway.....