Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2008, 01:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Miggle Chin Straps and Numbers Sheets

I just bought my first set of chin straps from Miggle and they are really cool. Good stuff, like a soft vinyl that adheres to the face/helmet really nicely. I am sure you guys know this already, but this was my first use of theirs. I like them.

I also got some number sheets for a Miggle Clemson team I am putting together in light and dark jerseys. The orange decals were great, but I got my first sheet of crappy decals that I ever got from Miggle. They sent me a sheet of white numbers and they were so soft, with gooey, stringy glue, I had a heck of a time using them. They would tear really easily and they were not cut worth a darn either, I ripped a bunch. I did notice and never really paid attention to this before, the number decal sheets still say Tudor Company, Brooklyn NY on them. I wonder if they all say that? I bought a set of Clemson in light and dark jerseys and I am adding chin straps and face masks to them. For a stock Miggle team they look pretty darn good. Hopefully my masks will arrive from Miggle tomorrow. Nothing like paying an extra $20.00 for expedited shipping and it still takes 6 days to get here.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby J View Post
I just bought my first set of chin straps from Miggle and they are really cool. Good stuff, like a soft vinyl that adheres to the face/helmet really nicely. I am sure you guys know this already, but this was my first use of theirs. I like them.

I also got some number sheets for a Miggle Clemson team I am putting together in light and dark jerseys. The orange decals were great, but I got my first sheet of crappy decals that I ever got from Miggle. They sent me a sheet of white numbers and they were so soft, with gooey, stringy glue, I had a heck of a time using them. They would tear really easily and they were not cut worth a darn either, I ripped a bunch. I did notice and never really paid attention to this before, the number decal sheets still say Tudor Company, Brooklyn NY on them. I wonder if they all say that? I bought a set of Clemson in light and dark jerseys and I am adding chin straps and face masks to them. For a stock Miggle team they look pretty darn good. Hopefully my masks will arrive from Miggle tomorrow. Nothing like paying an extra $20.00 for expedited shipping and it still takes 6 days to get here.
Hey Shabby J,

I've had a similar experience with the Miggle chin straps and numbers. I love the chin straps as well. So far I've affixed the blue numbers to my '79 Rams team and they look great. I added the white to my '89 49ers and they look like crap. Mine were also kinda gooey and appear translucent after applying. You can barely make them out. I'm almost to tears because I put a coat of clear coat over them which will make them a bear to remove now. (If any of you more experienced coaches have a method for removing numbers that have been clear coated PLEASE help me out.) I'm beginning to think that Miggle colored numbers will work fine but the white ones won't add to your teams. I am going to try the numbers from the buzzball site to see if they're better. I believe they are decals but that's fine by me. I just want to be able to tell J. Rice from J. Taylor without squinting to read the names on the jersey.

Peace,

DC
Old 02-23-2008, 12:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Xacto!!!!!

You should be able to get them off with the tip of your xacto knife. Just cut
around then stick the blade underneath it and it should come right off.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE2WATCH View Post
You should be able to get them off with the tip of your xacto knife. Just cut
around then stick the blade underneath it and it should come right off.

Thanks bro, I'll give that a shot. What are the chances of not damaging the original paint job underneath?
Old 02-23-2008, 12:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Numbers

The Buzz Ball numbers are very good and go on well. I love the miggle chin straps and the face masks of which coome from Gridiron and are sold through Miggle. Beenutt also makes great decals sold as numbers with shoulder numbers as well for are very decent price. You can also buy entire team decals of which are great for doing it on your own. Should you by the Miggle painted pro-teams without decals, buy helmet decals from Beenutt and you can put it all together very nicley.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by markee View Post
The Buzz Ball numbers are very good and go on well. I love the miggle chin straps and the face masks of which coome from Gridiron and are sold through Miggle. Beenutt also makes great decals sold as numbers with shoulder numbers as well for are very decent price. You can also buy entire team decals of which are great for doing it on your own. Should you by the Miggle painted pro-teams without decals, buy helmet decals from Beenutt and you can put it all together very nicley.

I actually got my roster names from Beenutt. He'll be hearing from me again real soon. Don't know how serious I'll get with team creation. Right now I'm just updating some teams I got off of Ebay (touching up shoes, helmets, flesh tones, adding face mask, chin straps, numbers and names). I think I'll leave the creative stuff to Reg, Jennings, and the other talented cats.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Kinda funny

Speaking of Beenut (who I recommend by the way). I ordered the rosters from him expecting some form of adhesive stickers similar to the Miggle numbers (don't ask me why). Imagine my surprise when I opened the package and saw light blue sheets of paper with player names on them. After a few seconds of trying to "peel" the names off I started wondering "What the h*ll am I suppose to do with these". I think I emailed him with something to that effect (much nicer though). I thought that I had been suckered. At that time I knew nothing about cutting, water sliding, clear coating, etc. I quickly got on this and the Miggle chat boards to see where I went wrong. I found a ton of info to help explain decals and how to apply them. On my first try I was able to get "Montana" on without much trouble but I completely botched Jerry Rice's name. I thought....@3#$%@ what am I suppose to do now. Luckily Beenutt gives you several of each name to use. After a little practice I had sliding and adding names to my players down to a process/production. I got through my Rams with ease and will be doing the Redskins in a day or two. I can only shake my head at how "green" I was just a few short weeks ago.