Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2008, 02:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Dawg View Post
now at what point in a zone d do you get to readjust your ttc bases so they dont spin in circles anymore... and how do you get a play to just stand still on the board? i thought someone put that in one of there posts.
if you turn the TTC dial towards the back of the base, it will most of the time, not move too much and he 'stays at home'....
Old 02-28-2008, 09:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CASTLE HiTMEN View Post
I like to play a Tampa Two. I have the Mike LB drop back deep with safety coverage over the top of the corners but don't get caught playing this coverage on a run.
How do you disguise it so you don't get caught against the run? I ask this because after witnessing the GLEFL during conference championships and SB the offense sets up then the defense then the off coach says either pass or run. If that's the case when you play then how do you (or any of you guys) line up to defend the run THEN drop back your LB or DB's in coverage after a coach says "Pass"?

(Still learning)
Old 02-29-2008, 08:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

The "O" sets up first. Then the "D". The "O" is allowed to put a man in motion. You can put him in motion either behind the line of scrimmage in the backfield pointing in a gap or as a receiver. Football rules must be followed. Seven men on the line of scrimmag and both "O" line tackles must be covered by a receiver on the line of scrimmage. The "D" is then allowed to MOVE a player to counter the motion. The "O" is then allowed to pivot any and all players. The "D" does the same. After the "O" makes pivots I try to read what they are going to do as in real football. REACTION TIME. Once the "D" pivots then the "O" coach announces either pass, run or QB option. If I read pass then I have the Mike backer run down the middle of the field and have my corners run back to play a zone. I do not turn the dial to make a player run backwards. I simply pivot him to run forward away from the line of scrimmage. Becareful though of play action or draws. As in real football these plays are designed to fool a "D".
Old 02-29-2008, 09:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

good points Hitman.

I don't play the cover-2 because the MLB has too many jobs to do before he can get deep.

"M-Football is a "pick your poison" type of thing where you cannot stop all the plays, but you can pick your spots to stop the important plays!"

I use the MLB to shadow the TB most of the time. I get good push up front that allows the MLB to roam sideline to sideline. He also has to fill the hole on running plays.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hhmmmmmm....

Good stuff guys.