Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: would an incentive based league interest you?
yes, i would give it a shot 8 33.33%
no, keep it simple stupid 6 25.00%
sounds interesting, but not sure 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2008, 04:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Joe View Post
Very clever idea, it would be especially great for solitaire and college keeper leagues (or playing with my son). I'm guessing competitive leagues may frown on this as it increases complexity and "gaminess". Heck I just like the idea as a fun way to give each team some big time "game breakers". It would be fun to combine this idea with the added element of injury to your game (similar to the shootout box rules). Anyways, thanks for sharing the idea.
Joe
thanks joe, i appreciate the feedback. i guess that my argument to it increasing "gaminess" would be that even though it does do that to a point, it also brings in the more realistic aspect of your "gamebreaker" is in his last season of eligibility, after the season is over his status goes right back to the beginning (freshman). did you, as a coach, try and build up another player to take over the position, or are you going to start from scratch and leave a "hole" where some of your strength may have been in prior seasons. this is something that i see over and over in college football, and besides, it would give you a reason to bench your starters and put in a second string if you have a hefty lead in a game situation. as far as complexity, the only way for me to know just how complex this would be on the field would be to try it. there are no new rules here, just a different way to utilize rules that have been in place with different leagues for a long time. the most complex part, i think, would rest on the shoulders of the stats keeper, and in this case, if we go forward with this, i guess that would be me . unless jeff priest will volunteer . i suppose that something like this would only work as a long term deal. in that case, one would have to assume that people liked it enough to want to come back and play year, after year, after year.
again thanks for the feedback, and thanks to everyone who has participated thus far.

oh yeah, i hope this doesn't sound too ignorant, but what do you mean by a college keeper league?
MFCA member #31
Old 03-22-2008, 07:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Lucky for me and you I will be too busy then to help out with a web-site and stats. You do not want me helping out anyway, I can't even post pictures
Old 03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff priest View Post
Lucky for me and you I will be too busy then to help out with a web-site and stats. You do not want me helping out anyway, I can't even post pictures
i think that you are faking, but ok.
MFCA member #31
Old 03-22-2008, 07:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I will help with whatever I can. Just remember I am not computer saavy.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

thanks, i'll definitely be calling you from time to time to test some things out.
MFCA member #31
Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 PM
JIMBO

Default Honest Integrity Required

The only way it would work outside of a Solitaire League, would be to submit everyone to lie detectors every game! :rolleyes: I'd like to do this for my travelling College Season. Everybody starts out on basic colored Rookie bases and they have to earn their new "cleats." I like it!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

i like that too. it would be a bear to keep up with, maybe the type of base would coincide with the year of eligibility. freshman= miggle rookie base; sophomore= miggle ttc; junior=buzzballs; senior=anybase eligible (except boat bases, you have to earn those )
i am sure that you have explained it a hundred times, but i would like to see how your qb timing system works. do you have photos posted anywhere? maybe a youtube vid?
MFCA member #31
Old 03-24-2008, 12:38 PM
JIMBO

Default Pretty Simple

Instead of stopping the board right before your QB gets sacked, there are 2 ways you can simulate your QB dropping back in the pocket:
  • Either set a "mandatory pocket time" i.e. :01, :02, :03, :04 or :05-seconds; or
  • On a pass play, turn your DBs to run with the WRs instead of jamming them. Then set a Ref/Sideline Judge (OB along the sideline) at a specific yardage downfield - say 15yds - and DON'T stop the board until your WR reaches that yardline. You watch your WR and the Defense watches for the destruction of your QB!!! Note: YOU know how fast and/or straight YOUR WR runs, so base your "dropback" on your truest, surest WR. This best simulates a true "timing" pattern!

LMK how it goes.