Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default How should I do this

I will be holding a base draft for the MFCA members after my college season, my question is, should I pull the top 20 players for you to draft, or should I let the coaches pick who they want ?.

P.S. I will be pulling 20 names out of a hat to find out which coach picks when.

Norbert Revels
Old 05-04-2008, 07:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Pull The Bases

Norbert,

You should set out the bases that you want to be available. If you allow coaches to determine what they want, the draft process could get out of hand. From that, coaches will either address their needs or take the best player available.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 05-05-2008, 02:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Want In

On The Base Draft.......
Old 05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thats the way I will do it Maurice, thanks buddy, I will pull the top 20 players and list them 1-20 and let the coaches pick from them, Mozeek, the draft is for all the MFCA members.

P.S. I will keep you cats undated with youtube, pics and wirte-ups on games and players.

Norbert Revels
Old 05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default thats cool

because i am a card carrying member
Old 05-06-2008, 01:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default College draft teams are done

Arizona, Ohio State, Auburn and Clemson now joins LSU and USC in the College Solitare Draft league, season will start in roughly 1 month and the draft will be 1 week after the championship game.

P.S. Shown are all the DB's, WR's and RB's, all 48 bases were tweaked today, I will go over them once more and fine tune them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsVDkF9MyQc

Norbert Revels
Old 05-06-2008, 09:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default sounds interesting and I too am a card carring member

put me in the bunch for a base draft....

..... as for you solitatire league - if you still have one, use your divider to setup your plays and use the cards/dice list of plays that each team uses and setup according to the results.

or you can have each team has 6 different plays/formations (each team has 1 special play) so that none of them will be running the play all day.

Sometimes a team will get caught with the wrong personnal package on the field, so use at least one random setup will get you at least one matchup problem.

K-Lo
Old 05-06-2008, 10:59 PM
BUCKEYES1

Default What about clocks?

Norbert I had a league a long long time ago and my games were also an hour. I wanted to get the most bang for my buck so implemented set up clocks for offense and defense. I also used "reverse" set up and set up defense first(d-line and linbackers) so I didnt play right into the offense.

I also liked and used the dice system for plays. Each team had their own set of 6 plays. Sometimes 3 pass 3 run if they were balanced or mix it up with 2 run and 4 pass...create your team based on plays and style.

Set up clock:
My set up clock for offense and defense was 25 seconds. I liked it fast paced because i really didnt have time to think. Just do it and have fun and play.

1. roll die for defense formation. The spot of the ball was marked between hash mark so you know where center will be. set up your interior lineman and linebackers(7 men) based on formation...db's wait until offense is set. If Nickle or Dime set up 6 defensive men. You got 25 secs.

2. roll die for offense play. Set up all 11 men. 25 seconds

3. now set up the db's, zone(magnets) if you want for pass play.

4. If your defensive set calls for a blitz move that defender in place where you want.

I got a lot of plays in this way using 30 min halfs with 2 time outs each

Now you got me wanting to dig out my old stats from my 15 season league..pro and college with a college draft.....man that was fun back in the day.

AJ
Old 05-07-2008, 12:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Coaches

I will look into all of the suggestions and pick what I feel most will work together, again thanks guys.

Norbert Revels