Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Important base question

About four months ago I purchased several sets of bases from miggle and buzzball. Can you all tell me what bases you like for strenth and which for speed. And does the color of the base make a difference.There are soo many. For example,is the teal bases better than the polo green. Or is it simply for team matching? Also, is it better to get the straight front bases or the rounded bases. Please give me your thought on these topics.Thak you.

Frank Jacobs
Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default re

If you get the teak Norbert has a artical in it that might help you with you question. Me myself I'm no teaker but I think different people have a base they like more than others its so many to choose from. What I mostly have are frosty 1st run is a must. Any 1st run base from miggle is a must have if you want the best result. As far as the other bases that are out there haven't tried them but they might be better but it all goes down to what you can tweak. Hope this helps peace
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default you be the judge.....

with so many bases to use, you have to be the judge as to what is better. Sign up for the MFCA and get the TWEAK and norbert has a great covor of these things within.

Everyone will give you their opinion, but you still have to select based on you style of play on both sides of the ball.

with that being said, here are some of my opinions

*BEST of the LOT *
Frosty (1st and 2nd runs) - by far the best base for overall versatility. Can be fast and strong and very consistant.

wide tops - same as frosty but special care when tweaking....

R/L orginals - strongest rookie base I ever had. very consistant and holds it tweaking over time

Red pegs - the original TTC, usually not strong but extremely fast and can make plays all over the field.

of the miggle bases here is what I have found -

- Orange - fastest of the TTC bases
- Blue and Polo - strongest
- Purple - next down from them
- Teal - not used yet

Rookies - Red my favorite of the miggle bases I get a lot of playmakers from them...all the others are okay

BuzzBall bases -

Fastest - Black Diamonds followed by Gray, then white. the black ones were so good that they caused rules to be changed in some leagues. you will still see them on teams today.

However my favorites from his collection are the original green repro R/L they are the closest thing to the original R/L. If you can still get them, do so.

that's my .02 worth

K-LO
Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Tron1984

Default Bases

Fellas,
I have been working on these bases like a Mad Scientist for months now. The original old Frostys are going to be your fastest bases. Buzzball clear speed diamonds are second. Buzzball also has a white lighting base that's also very fast. However, the buzzball bases take time,patience and a gentle hand. If your pull too much the base will be ruined and you'll have to come back to it later. All colored Miggle bases have great potential ,but it requires some work. I've been able to get great speed and direction out of the Blue/white patriotic TTC and the Polo Green. The orange/white and the purple/white don't seem to hold the tweak very well so you have to keep checking their progress. Colored double clip rookies are still trial by era and also require patience and very methodical use of the"flame".Current miggle frostys and proline speed and strenght base are great to tweak and they don't require as much tweaking.Switching out the dials with double prongs in the front is a brillaint idea. The tweaking method done on these dials by the Motown Mob gets great strength and should not be taken lightly. I guess I said all this to say,All bases are good. They just require a little more time and patience. It looks really good when you can get all of your bases to match your teams uniform,but it just not always posssible.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks a lot guys for your help

I'd like to really thank you for your help. I know it is sometimes a pain in the butt to write a nice detailed message,but I can't tell you how much I truely appreciate the help. I'm eager to learn,and you are not just wasting your time. If anyone else would care to respond I'lll be checking back all the time. Thanks again guys.

Frank Jacobs
Old 06-01-2008, 05:02 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Yes, this thread started a long time ago but, I would say that clear buzzball speed diamond bases are probably the best rookie bases. For TTC strength I use superior shells and proline strong dials.
That's all I'm going to say.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Since this post started one year ago, there are some new players in the base field. The F5 base is a very versatile base, that can be made either strong, fast or a good combination of both. It's not for the average Joe, though. The base needs to be tweaked. If you're looking for bases that you can just pop your players on and play, you need to look elsewhere. If you know a little about tweaking, you'll be rewarded with a good performing base!