Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default going into the 40th season.....

Wow, it's been that long.........

Going into my 40th season, it has taken on many changes over the years. I remember back when it was just 4 teams (Bears, Giants, Dolphins, Packers) until I could convince my Mom to order me some more teams.

Fast forward to now, I have not played a full NFL season in a couple of years, most of the time was spend using the league teams that have been done lately. They are all big time winners, some title winners, some came close. I called it the "tournament of Champions" and play using each teams style (the way the team was built) as it's make up. I play it (rules) like my league with some added wrinkles.
Offense is setup first then the defense gets setup but with a twist - I line them up with the pre-snap read in mind....meaning I line up the defense as if I was playing a "live" opponent. How do you ask, it's simple. Think about when you are playing the toughest coach in your circle - do you always know what he is going to run on you?? Maybe, but you still set your defense up based on what you see in their offensive set more so then KNOW what's coming.
So I usually line up the defense with that concept in mind.

Keep stats, play playoffs etc.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 PM
WallyJ

Solitare play is great and it's all what you make it out to be. It can be simple or as complex as you wish. Here's some rules that Dr Smeby shared with me a while back.

1. Offense lines up

2. Defense lines up

3. Defensive linemen and any other defensive linemen on the LOS get their final slants (left, right or straight). This included any bump and run (press) corners!

4. Offensive linemen set (angle, drive or pulling) including receivers who are on the LOS (not FL). Now is the time to get inside or outside release on pressing CBs!

5. Offensive backfield set (QB, RBs and anyone behind LOS).

6. Any defensive players in back of the LOS (positions 1-3) moved; it is here where LBers read their keys and where the defensive secondary reveals its rotation or priorities.

7. Offense calls play. This is vital because the offense gets to look at the defense before their play (audible) as in real-life. Don't think the audible isn't used every play in real-life!!