Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WHAT THE MPFL MEANS TO THE WORLD

COACHES

The MPFL is a system that needs to be marketed as an adult game.

Moving chess Pieces with Football related Lineup's !!!!!!!!!

it must be made perfectly clear that this is a game produced for the adult coach who wan't to sharpen his mind on the mini circuot. many play chess to keep their minds sharp. This is the FOOTBALL version of chess and a coaches dream. One must erase the term ELECTRIC FOOTBALL from there vocabulary and prepare themselve's on another level. You must approach this league/system as would any NFL coach would approach an upcoming opponent. This is a focus on the task at hand game that needs your undivided attention on the field at all times. When the board stops you must move and expect a counter move. (JUST LIKE CHESS). I can see the student's in NOTRE DAME, OXFORD, CAMBRIDGE, embracing all the nuance's the MPFL has to offer. I see football masterminds sitting down comparing notes on this system.

It is a breath of fresh air to know your defensive back's can follow a receiver for an entire route then make a play on the ball. No longer do you have to rely on strength to compete in a contest. You can have a team of rookie bases that can react upon your request (ala RAY LEWIS WAITING IN THE WINGS TO HIT YOU). You can have a running back cut back accross the grain the way barry sanders would. A full back can find a hole like a larry czsonka. THE REAL BEAUTY IS YOU CAN HAVE THAT "DEON SANDERS " DB YOU ALWAY'S WANTED. When the board stops, he does not have to stand there. He can be directed to go and make that pick upon request.

The bottom line is THE MPFL NEEDS TO BE MARKETED AS, "FOOTBALL MOVING CHESS". I expect to see other coaches challange themselve's and take the field in THE WORLD OF THE MPFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-08-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
COACHES

The MPFL is a system that needs to be marketed as an adult game.

Moving chess Pieces with Football related Lineup's !!!!!!!!!

just checked out the DVD and you summed it up EXACTLY!!!!!!
There is definitely a place for this style. it has its good points, no doubt.
its not for everyone ofcourse, but nothing is, and thats why there is always something. and thats what good about this hobby and its rule sets, no one is better than the other, and there is a rule set out there that suites everyones taste and likes.
and if not, well, one can always MAKE UP THEIR OWN . There is always room for more ideas. sorry dre to go off on a tagent. had some coffee this morning, so i have been writing like a mad man

. back to the point -

MPFL - good acronym Dre.