Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 04:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THIS SYSTEM TEACHES YOU TO THINK AHEAD !!!!!!!!!

mpfl enthusiast !

I find in this system, it teaches you to think ahead designing a play. With addl stoppages, you have the freedom to create. If a play is just not working out on the second stop, you can create something new on the next stop. As long as you see the entire field, you can create plays to get your players into position to make a move. Just visualize it in your head then write it down on paper (stop to stop). Then see how it can work on the field with the tools you have.(magnets, sticks and coaching wisdom). It is virtually a when and why to place this player on a magnet. It is also a what kind of "MOVES" not move i wan't this player to make. You can literally have a WR run an out and up, or fly then a slant through the middle. you can determine if your playmakers can beat a LB or DB to an area on the field to make a play via stops and adjustments. THAT IS THE KEY WORD IN THE MPFL, "ADJUSTMENT"

If johnny cochran were alive today, he would say this about the mpfl

"IT IS A MUST, TO ADJUST"

I understand alot better now when ant burgess said he want's people to coach there teams. IT'S COUNTER MOVE vs COUNTER MOVE 3times per play. I am just sorry he has been misunderstood in his promoting of this system. The more and more you study it, you will see he just wanted to test his moves and counters against yours. He has given all who is interested in this style the freedom to put your best skill players and monster athletes to the test vs another team with the same qualities but different.

As i sit here watching these college bowl games i been concentrating on the lineman. They are all so different in size. i see some who are huge and some who are monsters. I also see some who are muscular and super fast. That is what this system allows you to develop. Weight your players according to who is a monster, who is just huge to clog up a middle, and the super fast muscular DE who can whip around a tackle. In space, can my 3.8 RB block his 5.9 linebacker ? This system gives you the opportunity to find out. This is the first true style that say's, " make your team in your eyes and i will ake mine, then lets see what happens when we meet ". If you get beat, you just got out coached. There is no he was faster and stronger. If a teams offensive line is manhandling you, you must ask yourself, why din't i create monsters of my own. It's like jimmie johnson saying, 'WE NEED TO DRAFT OFFENSIVE LINEMAN TO HELP OUR RUNNING GAME AND PROTECT OUR QB"

I sincerley hope others understand where the MPFL system is coming from and where it is going. There are a great deal of talented coaches playing electric football. I would love to see them display there talents in this sort of setting.

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-02-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That is Rigt

Dre

The ugly and sad truth is that many in our hobby are trying to pass off tweaking and TTQB skill as coaching. Heck I was one who started out playing that way. Prending that I was playing football by watching the players run around the field without position discipline.

Honestly some of the coaches really don't know football Dre! That is why the hobby is not respected.

Look at all the Bowl Games on TV, see how the defenders are drawn to the ball, rather then run away from it. How the players defend and run with other players, not mug them at the line, how receiver run routes, defensive line men run stunts, line backers read then react. All of the displays intelligence and not chance like how I use to play as a little boy.

It's all about football being football.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default YOU GOT IT RIGHT

Ant,

Im sitting here watching texas tech vs ole miss. Just watching this game and thinking what you have on the dvd, YOU GOT IT DOWN !!!!!. it would be very hard to duplicate what i am seeing right now without the stops. Just FOR ME PERSONALLY, the one stop seems so final. I felt/feel something more could be done instead on ending the play right there. If your a creative guy, your going to ned the extra stops. i would love to see what the florida coach (irvin myer) could do in your system. He has a zillion plays and would have fun creating in your system. I understand what your saying about the TTQB. (ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS THAT LOVES THE TTQB, THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON YOU IF YOU ARE GOOD USING IT). When you play this system and are trying to run a play, the last thing you are worried about is picking up a ttqb. You are right in the middle of a creative detailed route while trying to keep your qb protected and on the move. The beauty is finding that little seam to place down the "LTR" (LEADING THE RECEIVER0) stick to complete a beautiful route.

MINIATURE PRO FOOTBALL and ELECTRIC FOOTBALL are apples and oranges once you sit down and really disect both. IF you hung a video camera from the ceiling to simulate a blimp view, then placed two boards side by side. On one board have 2 coaches playing electric football (pass play). Then have two coaches playing miniature pro football (pass play). RAN BOTH BOARDS THE EXACT SAME TIME ! from letting the receivers go to the stops for routes, you will see the major difference from a arial shot.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Many leagues want realism!

I see posts all the time that hint at certain rules to add more realism.Even the old miggle rules allow for adjustment after turning the board off to pass with your TTC QB allowing the defense to pursue.We call it a stoppage in the MPFL..Many leagues use a two stop.Really one,because the first one is the snap.I know personally,I have forgot more football than most people know(played D1 football and have coached(HC as well as AC here in FL 15+yrs since college graduation)not to mention clinics,books ect.,but if I went up against the Big Boys,I would get crushed because I do not know how to tweak or use the TTC QB right now.Give me a team on rookie bases that match up with the skill set of their position and I got a chance because I put winning and losing on me--not a couple pieces of plastic.I can use my knowledge of football .Honestly, in that style all you need is a strong line and a back that goes straight and there you go(I know there is a little more to it!).Nothing wrong with that,those guys deserve respect and they should have it.Those guys kept the game going IMO.I think there is a place for tweakers and gun slinging TTC QB"s in MPFL also,but you are always going to have the guys who do not want change,but if the system is sold to include those guys and not alienate them you have a better chance at getting them.Some of those guys feel like they are being called "children", because they still play the game the way they do.Alot of leagues are not far from playing MPFL style.They want to get there,but for whatever reason they do not and so be it.I think you have to recruit new coaches to the style and get some big name popular converts.In my HS league we will eventually be MPFL.I have to teach them to crawl first.Almost like flag,to pop warner,middle school,HS,College,then MPFL.Just like real football--keep it simple and teach the basics.Just my 2 cents STT
Old 01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default PAT SUMMEROLE SAID

Ant,

ole miss just ran this pass play where the qb threw the ball short and the receiver came back for it. PAT SUMMEROLE SAID "That play is hard to defend because the receiver adjust to the ball. He then said about the receiver, "Let him STOP and let him ADJUST". You can simulate that with your lets say, 3 yard "LTR" (lead the receiver) pass placement stick. Put it behind the intended receiver for a comeback catch. STOP and ADJUST !!!!!!!!!

This system was well thought out.

mantaraydre
Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I know

Yeah, I was watching the same game!!