Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default TALKING TIMERS, NOT A GOOD IDEA

I WILL ADDRESS ALL QUESTIONS TO ANT AND JIMBO.

Ant, iread on another thread you thought talking timers were not a good idea. You said it result's in alot of delay of games. PLEASE ELABORATE ON THIS WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.

I have timers i got from a drug store. $4 each . They do not talk but the numbers are big and clear that can be seen pretty good from a distance. These are great for game clocks. I imagine they can work well as the 45 second clock also. If placed where both coaches can see it clearly as they are setting up, they can glance at it periodically to see how many seconds they have left. This paticular timer counts up or down with an alarm that goes off at the end of the programed time.

Anyway, just curious why the talking timer will result in too many delay of games.

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
I WILL ADDRESS ALL QUESTIONS TO ANT AND JIMBO.

Ant, iread on another thread you thought talking timers were not a good idea. You said it result's in alot of delay of games. PLEASE ELABORATE ON THIS WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. It's okay if coaches want to use them however should the go on the road and that team doesn't have them then they will get more delay of game penalties. It is always better to rely on you're self ( physically look at the clock ) then to rely on the sound of the timmer. As in the NFL the QB see's the play clock in the end zone, we simulate the same thing.
I have timers i got from a drug store. $4 each . They do not talk but the numbers are big and clear that can be seen pretty good from a distance. That is the best thing to use These are great for game clocks. I imagine they can work well as the 45 second clock also. If placed where both coaches can see it clearly as they are setting up, they can glance at it periodically to see how many seconds they have left. This paticular timer counts up or down with an alarm that goes off at the end of the programed time.

Anyway, just curious why the talking timer will result in too many delay of games.

thanx
mantaraydre
Hope that helps
Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THANX ANT, EXCELLENT

ANT,

THANX, This was the answer i was looking for. I don't really care for the talking timrers. The clocks i have are perfect. I was telling some coaches why not just put these in both endzones for both coaches to glance at (like an nfl quarterback0 so the can see if it 23, 17, 10, 9 sec's on the clock. I rather see the time than listen for it. You can/time yourself as you set up the off or def line and other players.

thanx
mantaraydtre
Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Dre

At what store did you find those timers that you speak of.....and do they have a memory button so that you do not have to keep resetting to 45/35 or whatever is used ?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The large white one...

that I had is the one Manta Ray is talking about.

Got it at Walgreen's - $4.00
Old 01-12-2009, 01:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ok

Can't remember if it had a memory button Bob?
I apologize to Dre didn't mean to jack your Thread.......
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ZEEK, THE ONE BOB HAS !!!

Zeek,

The white timer bob has. There at walgreens for $4 were all of the cooking items are. They are big enough to place near each end zone so both players can see there perpectives clocks. A quick glance and you can see exactly where you are on time. I think a good idea is when the the ref says timers, each coach turns on the other coaches timer then sets up. If you turn on your own you may delay turning it on on purpose. But if the other coach has to turn yours on, it would only hurt him taking his time to turn on your clock. I alway's hated to hear on the other clocks, 20 SECONDS OR 10,9,8 ETC ETC . I rather look to see where i am.

mantaraydre

ps/yes you hit the button and it returns back to the exact time you had set.
back to the 35/45. PLUS THEY TAKE DOUBLE OR TRIPLE A BATTERIES. I FORGOT WHICH ONE.

these are awesome for game clocks.