Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default weight rules on players?

Are there any or is up to the coach what his team weighs in at.LMK and what do you guys use.Another ?.Do you guys have bases tweaked for strength and add WT for you guys up front?With the big boards it help smooth the guys out also.Thanks STT
Old 01-13-2009, 04:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default you can use whatever you want !!!!

Stt,

Your team is a creation in your vision. This is not like electric football where there is a weight limit. EACH PLAYER CAN WEIGH WHATEVER YOU WANT THEM TO BE. (THATS THE BEAUTY OF THIS SYSTEM). in fact, you don't even have to know what they weigh. Just weigh them down to your liking.

1)TOUGH ENOUGH TO BE A LINEMAN

2)FAST AND TOUGH TO BE A LINEBACKER.

3)SUPERFAST TO BE A SKILLED WR, RB, DB KICK AND PUNT RETURNER.

This is your football team in your eyes. You may make a refrigerator perry and the other coach does not have one. What is nice is the fact you don't know what he does with his team and he does not know what you do with yours. There is no equalizer, It's not bases, tweeking, this figure that figure.
It is soley who you are and what you envision to see on a field. Someone elses team can out weigh each and everyone of your figures. The same can occurr in reverse. ADDING WEIGHT IS LIKE PUTTING YOUR TEAM IN A WEIGHT ROOM TO DO BENCH PRESSES, SQUATS, ETC ETC. You are building each guy to perform on the field. Your 3.4 WR MAY HAVE TO BLOCK A 7.8 LINEBACKER. But you will never know because you or your opponent do not have to reveal any weight. ( IT'S RAY LEWIS VS STEVE SMITH !!)

***THE WEIGHT MUST BE UNDER THE BASE****

COACHES USE

1) PUDDY

2)NUTS AND BOLTS

3) PELLETS IN THE CREVICES OF A TTC BASE.

4) CLAY

WHATEVER YOU CAN FIND IN THE STREET OR AROUND THE HOUSE IS FINE.
IF YOU WANT TO GLUE BROKEN GLASS UNDER THERE THAT'S FINE ALSO.

***AS LONG AS IT IS UNDER THE BASE***

Remember, THIS AINT JENNY CRAIG, NO ONE IS GETTING ON A SCALE HERE ! In the MPFL

WE DON'T WORRY WHAT THEY WEIGH, WE WORRY HOW THEY PLAY !!

THANX
MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-14-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good deal!

I thought that it might be like that.Do you ever find that you have too much wt under a base?Can you wt it to the point it will not move or be moved?then you may run into the number of magnets rule if it will not be moved.also I know you cannot really put a magnet on a ttc base or so I thought--LMK STT
Old 01-13-2009, 10:30 PM
JIMBO

Default WEIGHT ROOM

My BEARS hit the weightroom after the Miggle Con. My NHFL MOBSTERS are done; my Miggle ILLINI are done; my Seawall BRAWL BUCS are being retired so Don can play the next 3 years. I'll have 100% of my attentions focused on Da BEARS.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Tough View Post
I thought that it might be like that.Do you ever find that you have too much wt under a base?Can you wt it to the point it will not move or be moved?then you may run into the number of magnets rule if it will not be moved.also I know you cannot really put a magnet on a ttc base or so I thought--LMK STT
THese are questions i had as well.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default YOU CAN PUT A MAGNET ON A TTC BASE.!!

STT,

Yes you can put a magnet on a ttc base. Just take the glue tak or blu-tak and roll a small piece into a ball. Stick the magnet on the TAK then stick the TAK on the dial of the ttc base where the magnet will rest on the bottom ofcourse. Then try out the player. Make sure he lies evenly on the field so no one will know he is on a magnet. Just keep removing bits and pieces of the TAK if he lies on the field uneven. If you must, maybe you can write the players number on the magnet since it fits perfect under his paticular base.

Mantaraydre
Old 01-14-2009, 04:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
STT,

Yes you can put a magnet on a ttc base ( NOT TOBE USED AS WEIGHT ). Just take the glue tak or blu-tak and roll a small piece into a ball. Stick the magnet on the TAK then stick the TAK on the dial of the ttc base where the magnet will rest on the bottom ofcourse. Then try out the player. Make sure he lies evenly on the field so no one will know he is on a magnet. Just keep removing bits and pieces of the TAK if he lies on the field uneven. If you must, maybe you can write the players number on the magnet since it fits perfect under his paticular base.

Mantaraydre
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO USE A MAGNET AS YOU'RE WEIGHT !!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 PM
JIMBO

Default WHY?

Question: Why would you use a magnet to hold a TTC in place when all you have to do is turn the dial completely backwards (or to one side or the other) and let him "drift" a little bit. If you run your guys enough, you'll know exactly how much of a drift you'll get for each stoppage and you could adjust accordingly. Otherwise, spin him in circles to play a Zone or if you just want a straight shooter, then use any Rookie you like. Unless deception is the intent, I don't understand trying to jam anything under a TTC. That's just me and MY preference. You guys are free to do what you want within the confines of the Rules.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
JIMBO

Default ANSWERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Tough View Post
I thought that it might be like that.Do you ever find that you have too much wt under a base? It happens, each base is different and max's out at different weights. Can you wt it to the point it will not move or be moved? I'm sure there is a minimum movement rule otherwise it would be considered an immovable object ala magnet and Holding could/should be called. then you may run into the number of magnets rule if it will not be moved. Most likely. also I know you cannot really put a magnet on a ttc base or so I thought--LMK STT See previous post.
Good questions. Keep 'em coming.