Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Banned

Default my own rules

I just stared to write the rule book for my solitaire league and would just like some feedback. None of these are probably new to you. This is a rough draft of what I have so far.

1. there are 11 plays per quarter.

I have some dice rolls in my game I would like to stay away from is its ef not dungeons and dragons after all

2. before each play the office rolls 1 6 side dice 1 2 3 is a run 4 5 6 is a pass
I thought about using a deck of note cards with plays drown on them.

if the ball carrier runs into my ref figures or my flag guy a defence player on a blue base there's a flag on the play I have a penalty roll charts in the works
well that's what i have i know that its solitaire and my rules can be whatever i want but Id like to know if I'm on the right track feedback would be great

Last edited by seahawkmike : 01-19-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
DallasStar22

seahawkmike I really like the dice idea (1-3 is run, 4-6 is pass. I think I will use that too), good thread, I also play solitaire, and would like to know how to set up defense because I know where the running back is going and I can't cheat away from the play. How do I set up the defense? MAybe for defense have 1-2 = ........ 3-4 = ........... and 5-6 =.......?
Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Banned

maybe use a dice for that 1 could be dime 2 could be a blitz and so on
or after the teams are lined up and you turn on the game hold your ball carrier for 2 to 3 seconds when you see a hole in the line you like run that way and you could do something like pick 2 or 3 defence players you can re face them turn it back on and let them rip. or set up the d first before you roll the play dice "as i call it" than after the o sets up the d can reface 1 or 2 guys to react to the play call

Last edited by seahawkmike : 01-19-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I use dice rolls to call plays. I have 24 plays for offense. 12 run and 12 pass. What I do is roll two dice for offense. One is 12 sided one is four sided.

On the four sided, 1-2 is a run. 3-4 is a pass. I have two offense play sheets. One for run, one for pass. On each sheet there are twelve plays numbered 1-12. The 12 sided die picks the play from 1-12 from the run or pass play sheet depending on the roll of the 4 sided die.

For defense I roll a 4 sided die and and a 6 sided die. the four sided die calls the coverage. The four coverages are a) Man/cover 2; b) Cover 3/ zone; 3) Man; c) blitz/man; and d)zone blitz

The six sided die calls the defensive formation; 3-4, 4-3, 4-4, 5-2, nickel, and dime. As the coach I reserve the right to overrule a dice roll if it makes no sense given the situation. For instance, if it's 3rd and 4 or more and the offense rolls a run play up the gut. In that case I will allow the offense to "check off" to a pass. For instance, instead of picking run play no.3, I will pick pass play no.3.

I do the same for defense. I won't run a dime on the goaline if the offense comes out with 2 tight ends.