Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What to look for in bases

I was watching EC's video and got to thinking that this would be an excellent topic, especially for beginners like myself.

He was using the looping bases as an example. The one that curled to the left would be used on the right side of the line as a LB or DE depending how it performed.

I have two loopers the same way.

Here's the topic...

Based on position, what do you want from the bases you choose for that position?

What do you want from the bases you put on your OL, DL LB, RB, etc?

As a beginner, I think I figured out that I want my rushing LB or DE to to be loopers from their specific side of the field. What about the rest of the DL or OL. Do I want bases that are just strong straight ahead? Do I want TTCs on them? If I do, why do I choose them over just a standard strong base?

Please enlighten me more.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Vince148,
All of your questions depend on your coaching scheme or philosophy. YOU will have to answer those questions. You might want to have players to pull off all of those schemes. I am not being a wise guy its just that if you construct your team for what you want to do I think you will be more successful.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 03-07-2009, 12:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Base Expectation

What makes this hobby great is that a coach can build his team the way he or she wants. I like for my defenders in the box to be able to continue up field and gradually turn toward the middle of the field although they may and will get blocked. It is disappointing when I see one of my defenders get turned 180 degrees away from the QB or RB after being blocked.

The latest video is a demonstration of what I look for in a potential defensive base. I am working on other videos that will demonstrate my philosophy concerning various positions on an electric/miniature football team. I also am working on other drama videos. I believe that this approach will establish a balance in this work.

I must reach two audiences. One is the electric football community and the other is the non-hobbyists. The non-hobbyists want to see something now. They want to see teams playing. They want to see touchdowns. They are easily indifferent to or bored with something instructional especially anything involving this hobby. The drama videos are a demonstration that this game can be played.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 03-07-2009, 01:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

i know this might not help but save time and get your bases from Norbert or Vince p. or any great tweaker thats out there.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 03-07-2009, 02:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Always remember you are the coach and you can be creative in what bases you want to put on what figures. For me my OL and DL will be strength. My middle and strong side LB's are also strength. My weakside LB is either a looper or simply speed but usually a looper. At DB's are my speed bases. My skilled palyers on offense are speed and loopers depending on the play. At times I put my QB on a looper for a rollout. Again remember you are the coach and you choose how and where to put your bases by position.

Have a good day and hope this helps.

Coach J