Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 12:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Establishing Relationships between leagues

One of the things I always wanted to do is to establish relationships between leagues. This leads to bigger and better things such as league challenges. The strategy of planting seeds allow for coaches who play major roles in leagues to come together and share information on various leagues to enhance the common good of all.

That's why I created the Road Warrior program in 1996 for the DFW League. I have been amazed over the years how guys have been willing to come be a part of my miniature football experience. I think it is important to be a hospitable host who is willing to share information and knowledge to those who sacrifice so much to come.

Even your own league mates often times have no idea of how much you sacrifice so they can have fun, new blood, and gain exposure to other MF legends knowledge. It in turn, makes for a higher quality league. So much have we learned from one another and the personal relationships are strengthen.

Last season, I brought in a record number 16 Road Warriors. These were all friends of mine willing to come to Texas and share, learn, and hang out with me, the DFW League, and my wife Rose.

The goal was to share information, gain insight on the various MF cultures, and play a little football. It is now great to see that at least some things that I showed them and my league showed them may be considered in their league in the future. Like them, I learned a lot from them and have already instituted some things into the CBSMF.

So all-in-all, it has been a co-op environment which has strengthen ties between various leagues.

Reg