Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Experience Playing Shoot out style

I had the pleasure of playing my first game ever in the CBSMF as well as my first time playing shoot out rules. The first thing I want to say is that it is the most up temple style I have ever played. That is the one big aspect of the game that take some getting used to, you have the feel like you are playing frantic the first time you play. Everything is moving so fast, I never thought that you can get as many plays in as I have heard from people but I was mistaken. This weekend we averaged about 70 plays per game with our PSU and Northwestern game getting 82 plays in. And to make it seem unreal all game lasted about 2 hours 15 mins. That was great.

My game with Ken Allen went into OT and we played for about 2:45 mins with all the breaks and us calling guys for rule clarification.

The excitement with the box, the hurry up offense it added an element to the game that I have never experienced.
We had games with injuries and we had penalty that called back a critical TD.
I loved everything about it, I believe as we get confortable with the speed of the game, play will only get better.

I know one thing I was beat after playing the one game, you cant help but sweat, you are standing the entire time. You to get very organized with your players if you want to change them in and out in the game.

I will be better prepare for the next games.

Greg Hardmon
Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Smilin, told you so

Greg, now you see for yourself what I have been speaking about,

Norbert Revels
Old 04-12-2009, 01:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Feeling Exhausted.....

The Mental Exhaustion is really crazy....who would have ever thought that playing this game would take such a toll on the body and mind........ just wait untl you get the hang of this style Greg......
Old 04-12-2009, 02:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghardmon View Post
I had the pleasure of playing my first game ever in the CBSMF as well as my first time playing shoot out rules. The first thing I want to say is that it is the most up temple style I have ever played. That is the one big aspect of the game that take some getting used to, you have the feel like you are playing frantic the first time you play. Everything is moving so fast, I never thought that you can get as many plays in as I have heard from people but I was mistaken. This weekend we averaged about 70 plays per game with our PSU and Northwestern game getting 82 plays in. And to make it seem unreal all game lasted about 2 hours 15 mins. That was great.

My game with Ken Allen went into OT and we played for about 2:45 mins with all the breaks and us calling guys for rule clarification.

The excitement with the box, the hurry up offense it added an element to the game that I have never experienced.
We had games with injuries and we had penalty that called back a critical TD.
I loved everything about it, I believe as we get confortable with the speed of the game, play will only get better.

I know one thing I was beat after playing the one game, you cant help but sweat, you are standing the entire time. You to get very organized with your players if you want to change them in and out in the game.

I will be better prepare for the next games.

Greg Hardmon
Ditto! I love this style of play. I tell ya, you better come prepared to play in this system. This was my first time playing in ANY competitive league play since I was a kid so this was a real challenge for me to get use to. At the end of the game I was both mentally and physically spent. I then helped referee two games afterward. You can even get tired refereeing in this system. I went home and went to bed.

But I loved it!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Been there and done that! What a surpise the first time you play this rule set, huh?

Super fun and I am glad you guys jumped in and got down with the Shootout!

Once you get used to the flow and you have your sidelines organized that makes things a little easier, at least it did for me.

I love hearing these stories!

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Heres a post I put up in december

#1 12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Norbert Revels
MFCA MEMBER Join Date: Jan 2007

Shootout system is a test of endurance also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have played all styles accept 1, all the styles I played you have time to go over things a couple plays ahead, things are abit more relaxed, ...............in the the shootout system, I realized VERY quick you have no time to do anything but play the game and MAKE ADJUSTMENTS as you go, .............after playing 3 games in arow, I decided to lay down for about 30 minutes and then get back up and continue with another game, WELL, when I woke up it was the next day, (smile), the mental part of this style is what gets you tired, (BUT IT'S VERY ADDICTING), you have to think QUICK threw the whole game, theres no time to look for cats on the side, theres no time to think of a play you want to run, theres no time to take your time in setting up, YOU HAVE GOT TO KNOW YOUR PLAYERS, it's all fast pace and moving, even the darn separation of players after a play is timed, (smile), make sure your in shape and have a towel if your playing in Dallas, LOL,...........I'am hooked and will bring some of the shootout rules to our league here for the coaches to vote on.

P.S. I'M EXTREMLY HAPPY NOW THAT SOME OF MY LEAGUEMATE'S GOT A TASTE OF THIS WONDERFUL STYLE OF PLAY.

Norbert Revels
Old 04-12-2009, 04:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

It is a great system and I love it.
Glad to see others around the U.S. are playing .
I would thing Norbert and Jim would have a advantage but who knows??

I dont see how the scores are so low , you guys must play some great "D".

Good luck and post them stats so we can see em

Good luck to all

Last edited by The Rookie : 04-12-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Indeed!

Yo I want to say that it is great to have some of the GLEFL guys playing this style of play. It is a honor to have you folks apart of this thing because I have always enjoyed your league from afar. To have ya'll wit is is priceless. Congrats to all who played and I look forward to hearing more stories in the coming weeks and months!