Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 09:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default There was no greater fun...

Wow,

I finally got a chance to kick-off the NFLGTSL season and I am estatic!!! For the first time in more than 15 years, I got the chance to play all alone!!! What a wonderful feeling.

After spending so many years in competitive leagues arguing calls, wondering who cheating and who's not, wondering can anyone have games at their home other than me, hearing all the whining over any and everything, and so much more, I finally got the chance to kick off the Los Angeles Raiders and the Kansas City Chiefs.

What was most pleasing to me was the fact that I can start the game, go to bed, get back up at 4:00 am and play some more. No worries on being under some constricted time!

Then to see great names from the past play again just sent chills up my spine. Seeing Curly Culp blowup Mickey Marvin to sack Jim Plunkett for a sack, or watching Mike Haynes come off the receiver to make a play on Ed Podolak coming around end was sensational. Watching Todd Christensen shed blockers to get up field in seems like the real one was fantastic! Calling out plays according to a playbook and on some ocassions, seeing them work and on other occassions, seeing them blow up in your face was great.

Right now, I am in the 2nd quarter of a highly-contested game. I am trying the different angles on 4 cameras so this game would have to be put on DVD or delayed broadcast (after editing) but the sheer unadulterated fun of playing alone was so great for me!

Things I like to bring to the game come with no backlash. Things like ranking and hyping teams get no ill-effects. That makes you want to do more with it. Not having to worry about the machoism of who thinks who team is weak is something I love about solitaire. Everything is pure luck and fun. That's all that counts. Yeah, there is some skill in the game (passing and kicking and opening holes) but it takes me from the pressures of life.

So now, I am in the 2nd quarter and totally hooked (in to what I am doing). This is great!

Reg
Old 12-10-2009, 11:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default reg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

score please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:42 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Glad you've started Reg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46defense View Post
score please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Reg....

Man you better win Man you better not lose You got to score You have to play DEFENSE it is all right there for you I run solitaire plays atleast 7 times a day my EF board was left alone in the livingroom this year EF whenever I want. After 6:00PM
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ed Podolak Dominating in Opening Half

Summary
Buchannon and Culp are dominating the trenches. Podolak is taking hand offs and the RT and LT are making excellent seal blocks. The play selection is working in KC's favor a lot. They've had about 6 counter plays from the playbook and they seem to work fine.

The Raiders went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 base and it seemed to help. Howie Long is quick up front and gets great penetration. Rod Martin is a great speed rushing LB. Haynes and Hayes are the real deal as they have held the WRs to 1 catch. Marcus Allen has gained the bulk of his yards around left end on toss plays and handoffs.

I am digging this playbook thing because I have no idea what play is about to be ran.

Scoring

LA Raiders 7 0
Chiefs 3 7

Rushing
LARaiders Rushes Yards TD LG
Allen 8 23 1 26
Hawkins 1 -10 0 -10

KC Chiefs
Podolak 10 52 1 32
McVea 1 -1 0 -1

Passing Comp Att Yds TDs Int (Sacks/Yds)
Plunkett 6 8 104 0 0 2/22
Dawson 3 7 56 0 0 1/8

Receptions
Rec Yds TDs LG
Christensen 2 39 0 24
Allen 4 65 0 52

O. Taylor 1 33 0 33
W. McVea 1 15 0 15
Hayes 1 8 0 8

KOR
LAR Pruitt 2-36-0-23
KC McVea 2-80-0-62

Penalties
Chiefs 2-10
Raiders 0-0

Defensive Stats
Allen 1-0-0
Martin 4-0-0
Long 1-1-0
Davis 0-1-0
McElroy 1-0-0
Haynes 1-0-0

Kearney 2-0-0
Culp 1-1-1
Buchannon 2-0-1
Brown 2-1-0
Upshaw 1-0-0
Marsalis 1-0-0

Scoring
1st Quarter
KC-Stenerud 41 FG (15th play)
LAR-Allen, 7 run (KG);Playbook play 4 (22nd play)

2nd Quarter
KC-Podolak, 12 run (KG); Playbook play 36 (46th play)
Attached Images

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 12-11-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

man that is just the best. Podalak follows blocking, chiefs kicker is practicing on sidelines, the fans are in the game, lighted stadium, jimmy the greek is talkin' trash and jayne and phyllis are tellin it like it is. nice touch on the black and white photos reg.