Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2009, 01:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default TEAM LEASING/RENTING FOR LEAGUE PLAY.

COACHES,

An idea for creating a league may be done via renting and leasing teams out for gameplay. First off, YOU MUST ANNOIT YOURSELF COMMISSIONER.

Secondly, YOU MUST ADAPT TO AN EXISTING RULESET OR CREATE YOUR OWN.

THE REST IS GRAVY !!!!!!!

LEASING AND RENTING TO COACHES WHILE THERE TEAM IS IN CREATION.

This will take time but you as the commissioner can create/provide every team for league play to coaches who do not yet own a team (new coaches)

To check the seriousness level of someone, LET THE MONEY TALK AND THE COMMITTMENT SPEAK. Translation, lets see how fast they get off there beyonce's to shell out money and make a team for your league. Then consistently play in it.

LEASE/RENT

lets say a coach wants to play in a league and he does not have anything. You can offer him to rent or lease a team THAT IS YOURS to play the games.

DURING THIS TIMED DEADLINED LEASING OR RENTAL PERIOD,

1) He is to buy his own bases
2)The team he is leasing or renting will never go home with him.
3)he is to receive the team from you at the game site and put his bases on there and test his team to get ready for game play.
4)He is to remove his bases from YOUR TEAM and give your team back to you. He can home with his bases.
5)GIVE HIM A TIMED DEADLINE TO FINISH HIS OWN TEAM SO HE DOES NOT HAVE TO RENT OR LEASE YOUR ANYMORE.
6)When said deadline has passed, and he does not have his own team created. His committment level in your eyes should have dropped like the tempature in august to a cold february day. He knew what he had to do and was not serious enough to follow through. YOU COULD
A)Replace that team with a new coach
b)charge him a heavy duty fine and triple his rental fees
**Remember, if he leaves so what, that team record still stands and you still have ownership of that team. Its like going with new personnel.
This way you are covered and dont lose out on an entire team disappearing.

***reason for the timed deadline is to prevent someone from getting too comfortable living in the lease/rent phase. You know, "i'll just lease/rent for the whole season and i will not have to shell out any other money and labor getting my own ". I DONT THINK SO !

THIS WILL SHOW YOU WHETHER SOMEONE IS REALLY INTO THE HOBBY OR THEY ARE JUST COASTING BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO ON A WEEKEND.

You want to show me your into electric football, I/YOU/WE NEED TO SEE YOUR PORFOLIO. When a model hits an agency, they have a book of pictures of themselves. YOU MUST KNOW/FIND OUT WHO IS CONSISTENT IN THIS GAME.

Some guys enter in on the chatboard guns a blazin for a month or two. Then they disappear. I tend to think the hobby was something they thought they could get back into only to lose interest and never be heard from again.

THANX
MANTARAYDRE
Old 12-17-2009, 03:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What the heck?

I reread your post several times to try to figure out if you were being ironic at all, or if you are serious both about renting teams, and to see if you are really so upset (using all caps) about people not being as devoted to a hobby!

I got back into this a few years ago because I had become frustrated at the cost and politics of some other wargames that I had been playing. I was also frustrated by the attitudes of some of the die hard gamers who weren't playing the games for enjoyment, but for some other form of validation.

I remembered how much fun I had playing MF and started buying teams. I eventually bought a 620 and started customizing players. I then found this website and started interacting. I am sure this progression is the way many people get (back) into it.

I considered joining a league this year, but when I found out how much time and money I was going to have to spend on a custom board, bases, and practicing to even start to be competitive, I decided to stick to playing causual games with my family and friends.

My point to all of this is that hobbies are for enjoyment and escape. Some people are going to be more involved, and some are not, and that may be due to various circumstances. For myself, I teach full time, have a wife and four kids, and have several other things I am invovled in as well. I do come to the web site frequently to read interesting posts, but don't say much as I don't have anything new to add as others have already covered the points. Again, I am sure there are many others doing the same. But for you to imply that this hobby requires some sort of all or nothing commitment is ony going to push people away. I personally am glad for anyone who has any interest no matter how deep that is.

Cheers,
Michael
Old 12-18-2009, 03:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default G-PAINTER

G-PAINTER

committment in terms of joining and playing in a league. if your league mates are 100% committed and your 50% committed. There going to notice.
What i was getting at is some people view this hobby as something to do. Others view this hobby as an entertainment way of life. coaches behind the scenes put in blood sweat and tears we will never read on the front pages

1)tweaking bases 3:00 in the morning

2)spending enormous amounts of money on a product they want kept private.

3)The running of this website is a job in itself.

4)The same coaches who show up at tourneys and conventions each year just to have fun and see their peers again.

5) 80% of the coaches in our arena have families but they still make time for their ef dream

6)team rental are for coaches who want to hit th ground running until they make there own team. The rental is so the coach who owns the team does not have to give it away to a new coach. He may want to keep his team but wants you to hurry and play in the league until you have your own.

7) Your right about reading some post and all the basis have been covered regarding the post. Im hoping more coaches start there own interesting post so we could chime in on it. It took me a while to underdstand that some coaches on the chat are readers, some are readers and responders, and some are posters/readers and responders. Only speaking on some level of committment on my behalf. I view this chatboard as exactly what it sounds like. An avenue to chat with people who share the same interest as you.
This is similar to the popular facebook and myspace chatters. Being that this website has been created and put before us, i at least want to do my part putting out post and asking questions to create some sort of dialouge with the ef community. You ever hear some coaches say, " The board has been slow latley" or " It's been quiet on hear ".

I undertand ef is secondary to all when it comes to family, work and health. I understand everyone is busy in a world filled with many things to do. Just trying to keep the fire burning on the website. Also, there are many coaches who play in leagues who dont post at all. It's probably not there thing.

PS/ HOW DO YOU PAINT A BLACK JERSEY using the drybrush, staining, inking, etc etc effect ?

THANX.

Mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-18-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Because I have not been in a league, I guess I didn't understand the frustration you all must feel for people who don't show up. I think everyone needs to honor their commitmnents when joining. Also, I did not realise that people were wanting to borrow and keep the team. I could see showing up and using a team, but not trying to actually make it thier own.

When I played another game, we had a guy who would show up and borrow other peoples armies. He actually had started to make his own, but he just could not get it done. We would get tired of him not making progress, but we still let him play. After several years he was always part of the group, he just never actually finished his army. He finally got a better job and decided to have me paint. We had started designing the color scheme and talking about what the theme would be, but he died of a heart attack before it could get done. After his death our group pretty much broke up.

As for posting, I have seen slow days on here, and I understand that there needs to be new posts to keep people coming back to see whats new.

I will answer about the black in the other post.

Thanks,
Michael