Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
gaeta

Default Rookie who need advice

I, first excuse me for my poor english, but i'm french, and it's difficult to me to write without make mistake.
I have 35, close of 36 in fact. And a dolphins fan (i know, they result are not so good, but it's a long love story between us).
I'm a beginner with electrical football (my board and my team are still in the air from America), but i have few questions to ask you: First someone could say me what type of transphormer (not sure of the term) to have the good electric power for my contry (i know it's 110 to 220 but not the W, 100, 75 for the board, a rose bowl from Miggle).
Second, it's about the rule: when we use the passing stick, how the kick of work?
and finally, could someone say me how i can by product from buzzball, cause i couldn't by from the online site, i have a error message.
Thx for responde.
Joe.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:24 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Default The French Guy!

I think that you should try and get in contact with Dimitri. His forum name is The French Guy.
He lives in France and I bet that he can point you in the right direction for all of your questions.
Taylor
Old 12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
gaeta

I have tried, but he make it's board himself, so i didn't know.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Bonjour !

For the electricity problem, USA format is 110volt, I believe. So you need an adaptator. I don't know what model you should choose, I'll try to find today.

For the kicking play, you've got two options : simply simulate it, or play it for real with the TTQB (little plastic dedicated figure you'll receive with your gameboard) and felt ball (also included).

If you simulate, depanding of the rulesets, you'll use dices, charts, or cards to simulate that. A MFCA member sells (on ebay I beleive) a complete cards set to simulate the punt kicking play. (I don't believe it concerns field goals too). Make a search in the forum, using the search engine and "kicking simulation" for example, you'll find examples (I asked quite the same things when I came here the first time).

For the sticks, Georges Diamond, the boss of Buzzball accepts to sell and ship to France. So the best is to contact him. He's the maker of some of the better "pro" bases too : his speed bases ("white lightning") and strong bases ("DDB") are some of the best and easy to tweak you'll find. A great addition for a newbie, I believe. George is making great youtube tutorials too to explain how it works.

Finally, a good thing for you will be to find a couple of sample pro tweaked bases, so you can learn tweaking, referring to that sample bases. Perhaps someone here will be kind enough to give you some.

I'll send you a PM in french today, so I can explain it to you.

Dimitri

Last edited by the french guy : 12-26-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Welcome

I think its great we're going global ! Welcome aboard from member # 241
Old 12-26-2009, 09:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm trying to find some french ruleset with our canadian friends...if I don't find any (because finally I just play the original MFCA rules) I'll make a translation.

I've already got that on my to do list, but never find the time and courage to make it...
Old 12-26-2009, 10:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Buzzball purchases

Bset place to buy from Buzzball now is on eBay.

Also welcome to the MFCA
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans