Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default just look some videos

As long as you do as some artists says about twaking, it should'nt been a problem.

That's my 2 cents

Benster
Old 02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

[quote=Geno H;138837]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOP View Post

I just wish there were a way to have bases that run straight, bout 30-50 yards, right out the box and on the field. Newbies (mainly kids seeing the game for the first time) dont care about strength yet. They like the speed, but as long as everyone runs straight, they are happy.

QUOTE]

There is a way .........It only takes MONEY. I will gaurntee you it is possible!!!!

Money is the only thing holding me back.

Geno H
Actually thats all i need, and its what i try to achieve when I tweak, and thats just to get the bases to run straight for about 30 yds. With the MPFL system, straight running bases is all thats required.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

there is no magic tweak tool and thats all i got to say on this matter.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Off track slightly, but the best bases I've seen that run pretty straight and fast without having to do anything to them is the Miggle rookie strong bases with a flat front. I have quite a few on my teams that I did nothing but mount them up and away they went. Also, the new Miggle rookie bases work really well with just a slight pinch on the prongs. I was shocked at the speed and straightness I was able to get out of the last batch I ordered. You have to trim the extra plastic flare off of them, but other than that they are a great base that doesn't take a great tweaker to be happy with.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Post Geno one of my first tweaking sessions was with you and Flynt

in Kansas City was it 05 or 06 NEFL Playoffs and you shared your wisdom freely I am still here and was inspired to continue to get taught more about the art of base tweaking by other greats. remember the round tip tweezers
Old 02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Here's a thought

Back in '08 when I purchased that ill fated 620 from Miggle, it arrived with a DVD. That DVD was very basic, more like an introduction to the hobby, but it showed very basic playing and tweaking techniques (and I mean basic). It was enough for me to get my figures running decently. It also showed passing and various formations. I'd probably laugh at it's simplicity compared to the real tweaking I've seen and learned over the last couple of years but it got me started! Perhaps a more advanced DVD or accessible video discussing how tools could help would go a long way in helping the beginner or intermediate hobbyist. Something that has a somewhat professional feel to it like Miggle's DVD. Make it free and/or downloadable for all. Perhaps working with Miggle to include it with their boards. Guys that use EF with kids can pop in the DVD and work along side the kids in using tweaking techniques.

If we want our hobby to be taken seriously then we have to help present it in a serious manner.

What say you all?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Tweaking 101

Having been one od the piooneers of the Tweaking age of EF, it is a simple process that requires time and patience to achive "players" at the end of the process.

tweaking a base is more than what is being applied.... you have to treat each base as a new beginning... a new player that has yet to be developed...
... care must taken to use the right "tweaking disipline" for the base you are about to start...

... okay let's say you have all of the tools available

- Narrow pliers
- wide pliers
- candle warmer
- lighter or torch
- sand paper (lots of grades and styles)

now let's check the bases that you are about to start...

... Miggle color TTC
... Super Prolines
... DDB
... NON miggle color TTc
... rookies
... red pegs
... r/l's

Well, you are not going to use the same tweak style for each type of base, you need to do things a little differently for each....

next thing to keep in mind.... you can use the same figure to tweak a base with to gain some experience with the process, but always tweak for the player you will have on the field and what functions you want him to carry out... THIS IS A MUST
Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sorry about starting a fire!

But here's my thoughts. When I do business I have guys send me their players. Then I tweak them to their specifications. No marks, initials, insignias or cartoon charactors that I wish I were. For those who are willing to pay for the time I put into it there are no complaints.

The tools only work if you work them that's why my post was titled the way it was. I found a tool that worked, for me, on SP's. I never stated that there was a "magic" tweak tool. They are all magic when used properly. I spoke on that tool for the excellence it brought to my table, my board. Of course, we must all truly beware of those that have a vested interest with insuring SP's are not tweaked to compete with first runs.

I have nothing financial to gain nor lose by tweaking SP's to a level for people who are learning the hobby. I just believe more people will join the hobby at lower cost.

Now tweaking is a godsend. Finally coming out of the bobble-tango is the first thing that comes to mind right along with customizing. The biggest problem is see now is not tweaking but a guy not being able to compete with a stock team as teams are customized with "tree branches" to stop receivers by wrapping their limbs around their heads or sticking out so far sideways to get up under the hook in the arm.

Vince came to Miggle with a "MAGIC" tweak tool that is no longer magic because he selflessly allowed others to find tools to duplicate it and it works. Karim saw to that with his blessing. People seemed, to me, afraid to stand toe to toe with this guy and tweak like I did on that program from the Miggle Convention. Tweaking rocks but you have to be patient. Each base took about a half hour to tweak and then a touch up the next day. Nothing was done in five minutes.

Just my thoughts.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
The biggest problem is see now is not tweaking but a guy not being able to compete with a stock team as teams are customized with "tree branches" to stop receivers by wrapping their limbs around their heads or sticking out so far sideways to get up under the hook in the arm.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Scrubs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post

and you know it!

That's when you can't tweak and that's all you can do!