Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
I still really like the pasing version that the NHFL uses. You throw the ball to a spinner target, pull the target off the ball sized magnet and then run to the spot of the target which was placed a certain distance from the reciever using sticks. Sounds complicated but its not. Execution of both the pass and the run to the catch proves to be daunting however there are many who have masterd it. I think it combines the best of both worlds, allows for INTs and simulates passing at its utmost. You see alot more of short comebacks instead of straight down the sidelines type passes. In many ways the routes now resemble noticeable pass patterns rather then random meanderings. I still use the random meandering method cause I suck at it.
We have toyed with an idea to expand on this. If you hit the target (make a good pass), you use the smallest stick for the distance required for the WR to cover to get to the ball.

However, if you miss the target (bad pass), you still have a chance to complete the pass but you must use the longer stick for a longer distance to replicate a poorly thrown pass. We figured that some bad passes are made and still completed...so we thought we'd try to accomplish the same idea in the game.

Thoughts?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTown49er View Post
We have toyed with an idea to expand on this. If you hit the target (make a good pass), you use the smallest stick for the distance required for the WR to cover to get to the ball.

However, if you miss the target (bad pass), you still have a chance to complete the pass but you must use the longer stick for a longer distance to replicate a poorly thrown pass. We figured that some bad passes are made and still completed...so we thought we'd try to accomplish the same idea in the game.

Thoughts?
i like that...very interesting....
MFCA member #31
Old 11-29-2007, 06:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTown49er View Post

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-13 Studios View Post
i like that...very interesting....

I like it as well... Dang Tornado Alley guys.. We may want to revamp the 2007 rules that were revamped from 2006... lol Another reason I like it is... It will keep us practicing with the TTQB...
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D Burgess View Post

What should determine if you're an advance coach is the wins and losses not on a tool, or method of passing you use.
Or.. style of ruleset you use...
Old 12-01-2007, 01:52 PM
BigFranco

Thumbs up

The NHFL way?... that's the best sytem I have read so far

Attached Images

Old 12-01-2007, 03:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFranco View Post
The NHFL way?... that's the best sytem I have read so far

\

Hey Big Franco..
I received your PM.. replied..

But you need to delete some messages.. your PM folder is full...

Take Care Man
Old 12-02-2007, 11:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Bill View Post
Or.. style of ruleset you use...
Styles of play are like cultures.

Take for example when you greet someone, in America you shake hands, in Japan you bow, the Italians kiss on the cheek.

Each are subject to that cultuer in that type of environment.