Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WHY you get more completions With TTQB & PP

I have read that some coaches say that if you use Pass Placement that you complete more and then some say they don't miss with the TTQB.

The thing you should know about pass placement is that you must have players on magnets in positions on the field to discourage/defend passing in an area. They will also be able to compete for the ball.

I have see that every time someone uses the ( Sticks ) that there is no defender there to contest the pass or compete fot the ball due to every one being out of position. You must commit players to defend the pass, 4-6 player. Coaches have been relying on mugging the receiver at the line and if that doesn't work then you have a receiver open with no defender to contest the pass.

With the TTQB it is a skill that is not contested on the field of play. However some say that advanced coaches use this method. Is this to imply that you're not advanced if you don't use this tool ? Then what about a handicap person ?

What should determine if you're an advance coach is the wins and losses not on a tool, or method of passing you use.

Bottom line is that the passess need to be contested, lack of this contributes to pass completions.

Try this: Stay on you're side of the board to pass, TTQB, and PP.
Limit the amount of time the QB, ( you ) have to throw the pass, ( 10 sec )
Limit the time the board stays on when the offensive team has the ball, no more than ( 3 cec ) when passing.

This is just an idea

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 11-29-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:55 AM
JIMBO

Default OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D Burgess View Post
Try this: Stay on you're side of the board to pass, TTQB, and PP.
Limit the amount of time the QB, ( you ) have to throw the pass, ( 10 sec )
Limit the time the board stays on when the offensive team has the ball, no more than ( 3 cec ) when passing.

This is just an idea
I can do (A) and (B), but (C) I'd add a twist to: pick either :03, :04 or :05 seconds to keep the board on based on how deep of a pass you wanna throw and how deep the QB has to get to allow the WRs to get to these spots. We did this in last year's BIG TEN COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS and it seemed to go over ok. Now we've converted to the hybrid set of rules I'm using in my ILLINI Season which better blends a few different rules from around the country.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
I can do (A) and (B), but (C) I'd add a twist to: pick either :03, :04 or :05 seconds to keep the board on based on how deep of a pass you wanna throw and how deep the QB has to get to allow the WRs to get to these spots. We did this in last year's BIG TEN COLLEGE CHAMPIONSHIPS and it seemed to go over ok. Now we've converted to the hybrid set of rules I'm using in my ILLINI Season which better blends a few different rules from around the country.
Sweet
Old 11-29-2007, 11:12 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I still really like the pasing version that the NHFL uses. You throw the ball to a spinner target, pull the target off the ball sized magnet and then run to the spot of the target which was placed a certain distance from the reciever using sticks. Sounds complicated but its not. Execution of both the pass and the run to the catch proves to be daunting however there are many who have masterd it. I think it combines the best of both worlds, allows for INTs and simulates passing at its utmost. You see alot more of short comebacks instead of straight down the sidelines type passes. In many ways the routes now resemble noticeable pass patterns rather then random meanderings. I still use the random meandering method cause I suck at it.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
bigredtops

to me wolf that sounds like the best way...you still have to be able to pass, cant get off lazy, and then have to run to the sticks.....i like that
Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default How Long ?

How long does it take ? I know with PP it takes about 2-4 seconds to place the pass down and 1 second to be completed, or not.

TTQB takes anyware from 45 seconds to 1 minute as I saw this first hand.

I understand that there is the pass and the catch, and that you're simulating them both.

The description seems laborious

But if that is how you do it in you're EF/MF culture then it's good
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I admit that it takes a bit longer then I would prefer but with timing rules in place it can still be accomplished in relatively short order. I would like to see it sped up just for the games sake sort of like the Texas shootout rules enforce. Other then that it works well for the NHFL.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Weirdwolf,
I like the NHFL version of passing as well. I remember when we were discussing it, we had some really good EF minds online and no one liked any of the options we could think of. Then, some newbie asked either Pratt or Rich why we just didn't do it this way, and we were shocked!!! I guess a new perspective was what was needed, we could not escape from our preconceptions.

As to this post, our completions have gone way down and interceptions way up since moving from TTQB passing to the sticks. It is hard because our defenders are more often on the figure with the arms out, which is better balanced for ITZ dials, and our WR figures are on the Miggle RB figures. But, we do enjoy the challenge, and it forces us to run passing patterns instead of everyone go out (or everyone get held in my case).

My guess is if people's completions are higher after moving to the sticks, it is as Anthony suggested, they are not playing their safeties back.

Mark
Old 11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

where can someone get these passing targets? I really like the sounds of that method and I think my son would too for when we play.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Joe View Post
where can someone get these passing targets? I really like the sounds of that method and I think my son would too for when we play.
The NHFL makes them for league play but I am not sure they are interested in selling them. They are made very well! Contact Raiderman. He is the commissioner of the NHFL and might be able to answer that for you.

—Idiom