Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post

Confession: I stole ideas from EVERYONE that has EVER played this game and I made my own way of passing! I don't seek fortune or fame and I willingly give it to the masses!!!!!!!!!!!! No patents pending! No copyrights! No claim to fame! IF you like it, USE it. IF you don't, you're an MFer. Miniature Footballer that is! This is a kids' show. :rolleyes:
heh heh heh
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
ohioefl

Tell the DB's to stop holding the WR at the LOS . Or it's defense holding . FRIST DOWN

Pat Morris
Old 02-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Coach

Default Try this

Try this . . .

Use the passing sticks until the ball is caught, then set up the target, (or use the player), then use the TTQB. Talk about realism, wow! The defenders react with the sticks, yet the pass still has to be completed through the air.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:57 PM
JIMBO

Default Ok On Offense...

...NOT ok on Defense! The QB still ONLY stops right before he gets sacked! Ya gotta run the "assigned" play which calls for a predetermined number of steps that the QB has to take before he sets-up and then throws the ball. That amount of dropback is relative to the route/pattern the WRs are running ala "timing pattern!" There is NO timing in MF!!! EVERYBODY stops the board ONLY when the QB is about to be sacked. The equation must be balanced: If you give the Offense something, you have to give the Defense something!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Tom!

Tom,

The "is he touching thing" is what I refer to as being an old veteran move. One way to avoid or reduce this craftiness is to allot a coach a certain period of time to finish the play once the board is turned on or has stopped (whatever time frame that might be). If a coach decides to ask various questions during the allotted time period, that's his prerogative. The more questions he asks, the less time he has to complete the play.

After re-reading, I am not sure on the coverage sack thing. I agree w/some in that the defense has to earn their sacks. Maybe allow coverage sack if no receiver has gotten past 5 or 10 pass the LOS. I say this because, the O should not be penalized by a coverage sack if a defensive player is holding a receiver 5, 10 or more yards down the field. Just does not seem to be fair to me.

Tomkat:
As simple as your idea sounds, I like it allot. Remove the target from the equation and just use the player. Sounds great! Also maybe include a time limit once the board is first turned on as stated earlier such as 4,5,6 seconds or so. Another 10 seconds or so to lay the stick and magnetic ball down and another 10 seconds or so to get the TTQB pass off once the TTQB touches the board. Or, Like in the DIXIE League, each passing play is allotted a total of X seconds for a coach to complete a pass. So, give a coach 20, 30 or 40 seconds to complete a passing play starting once the board is turned on or once the board is turned off. This will cut down on the micromanagement of each step involved is the passing process.

Sounds interesting fellas!

-Adrian-
Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default All are good..

And to follow what AB was saying allot the time, but also if the defense is up field past the QB in the X time he should be able to be pivoted the defense towards the QB for a sack. Coverage sacks are okay, but both sides need to earn their merits. That's why we spend time tweaking OLB (loopers) to make that coach turn the board off in X amount of seconds. All in all it should be the choice to continue to rush or drop for the pass, neither should be eliminated. And as far as "mugging" of the Wr's; I say in the first burst (snap) you bump then release make the defense play D and the offense make a play. Just my take.

Darrian