Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 07:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Cool story(what it is all about) IMO

Hello,as many of you know,I have been asking for donations to start a HS league at my school.Thanks to those who have sent stuff.Before Winter break I gave one of the kids 11 figs to start his Bears team.This 9th grader comes back after break and his guys are painted and ready for decals.He ordered a set from Bnut.He was amazed at how fast they came,but overwhelmed at how to apply such small details.Me and this Bears coach have been spending the last couple days at lunch trying to get his "Monsters of the Midway" ready for decals by doing some touch up work.He did great for his first try,just needed some touch up before finishing them.I just know he will show up with facemasks and chin straps next.I hope he is the first of many at my school to get hooked on this great hobby.The VMHSFL(Volusia Minerature High School Football League) is off to a great start thanks to many of you here in the MFCA.Thanks again STT
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 PM
DallasStar22

Ya I talk to all my friends about electronic football in school, but they all have video games and stuff so they think that the game is kinda silly. When I invite anyone over I always show them my board and we play for a little, they actually like playing. I think that people need to actually play the game to understnad how much fun it is. Video games are a big setback, everyone in my school is hooked on them
Old 01-07-2009, 08:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Keep at it Cowboy!

Problem with video games is the social aspect.unless you play sollatair,it takes at least 2 in MF.Plus I think you have more control in MF.You are the ownner,team designer,coach,ect.Kids like to compete vs oneanother also to win and lose.Try going to a teacher/coach and show them,maybe then do a club.all you need is a few and that can turn into a big league before you know it.War hammer is popular and there are similarities as far as customizing goes and all--goodLuck--STT
Old 01-07-2009, 12:18 PM
DallasStar22

thanks, i am trying to persuade my friends to buy boards and teams
Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What type of rules do you use?

Just curious as to how you play?STT
Old 01-16-2009, 02:41 PM
DallasStar22

STT- I hardly ever play, or at least havn't been lately because I have been working on my new team, and my old team isn't suited for my board yet. Tho I do make up my own rules, since I was always using a small Super Bowl Board, I played 8v8. Now that I have a new board coming I am going to actually start looking at the rules on how others play, but for now I am not playing, just painting and waiting. (I know this thread wasn't going on lately, but I had nothing else to do )