Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
JIMBO

Default JUST A THOUGHT

I always felt that WRs and TEs should fight for their 5yds. In Chicago, we ONLY release them if they've hit the 5yd mark off the snap or subsequent stoppage. Until then, they're just blocking!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Not a bad idea!

that also lends to realism and can be used as strategy on both sides of the ball.IMO I think that is a cool way to play.Be careful about defensive holding if you have a DB that is the lockdown type and the WR cannot release at all.Mr Lockdown with a superstrong base---STT
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That was

A question of mine....I recently received my DVD and have not had a chance to watch yet......but that was a question of mine...... at what point does the receivers and tight end have to be released?

I like the fight for 5 yards idea...then be released.....
Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default After the snap.

I think they have to be released after the snap.STT
Old 01-21-2009, 06:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I love it and had thought of it myself,

but did not post cause i didnt want to change the rules.
but also.................
pros and cons off the top of my head:

wr's fight for 5 yards, but if the cb is stronger, then he just gets mugged. this is not real cause wr's get hung up, re routed a bit and the timing gets thrown off, but they dont get stuck with in 5 yards by a bullying cb.

we can now have a reason for the lockdown corners from the two major figure makers. as of now, in the system, there is no use for them cause there are better balanced figures to use to run down field.

if a wideout gets stopped on the line too long, his whole route gets thrown off because of less stoppages. this probably goes with the 1st one i wrote.

sorry fellas, trying to squeeze this in before i get salmon off the stove before it over cooks. DINNER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a good idea, would like to see a way to make it work without the cb beaten that arss at the line and sticking him there for 3 stoppages.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
A question of mine....I recently received my DVD and have not had a chance to watch yet......but that was a question of mine...... at what point does the receivers (after the snap) and tight end(let the offense know if the TE is going out or blocking) have to be released?

I like the fight for 5 yards idea...then be released.....
Hope that helps
Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
I always felt that WRs and TEs should fight for their 5yds. In Chicago, we ONLY release them if they've hit the 5yd mark off the snap or subsequent stoppage. Until then, they're just blocking!
Actualy I played that way in the beginning, but the numbers didn't support the real game as this lended it self to more running and less passing.

Games were low scoring (9-8) (10-7) (14-7), but when the correct changes took place, LD's SS were now active durring the game by 80% vs 20% before. The score went to (24-16) (30-7) (32-24)

The idea is to Allow for each position to function as it would in real life. Yes I know that the receiver must fight to get off the bump, however these figures can't think, or react as humans do.