Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Question for AB

What is the length and width of the playing field (end zone to end zone) on your scale size board?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
What is the length and width of the playing field (end zone to end zone) on your scale size board?
I have to look that up, been really tied up lately, I will get that data to you.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 PM
JIMBO

Default 1 INCH = 1 YARD

My scale size board will be 121 inches (10.083ft) long x 57.3 (4.775ft)inches wide!!! How's that for scale. Now all I gotta figure out is how to hook up 10 motors under my living room floor!?!?!?!?!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Smile If you figure it out jimbo

let me know!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default JIMBO, THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT "IF YOUR SERIOUS"

coaches,

I was telling don smith on the phone i would not mind having a board that was 100 inches long. The question was how wide would it be. NEED THE ROOM FOR THAT THOUGH !. I have mega megawatts wheels spinning on making retractable scale size boards. ( I OWE HIM A PHONE CALL ). he mentioned using Dowels and you can slide two halves of a boards frame up and down the dowel to the desired length.

I think it may work, * put to long straws on a desk or table(To represent the dowels). Take a pack of gum(The 12 piece packs with the box covering it. You know, the frost or artic blast or vanilla ice). Cut the box open to make two halves with inside on box facing upward. Put the two ends of the box on each ends on the straw. Slide it up and down straw to whatever lenght you want. The longer the DOWELS (Straws for now). The longer the field can be. cut sheet metal to desired legnth and lie down field cover. i guess you can have 5 different boards in one if you lke. You would just need 5 different field covers in various sizes. Megawattz said you probably can put two motors under the base of both halve's. easier to store when not playing. Somewhat of a scale size board kit. just put together when ready to use.

**** better yet, just take 2 packs of gum and cut the "vanilla ice name" face off. lie down so the inside of box is facing up.

*** if magawattz wheels are turning, i think he could pull this off. he said he is looking for portability. MAYBE SOMEDAY WE CAN SEE A TOURNAMENT WITH ALL, SCALE SIZE BOARDS.

QUICK QUESH, ON A REALLY BIG BOARD, WHAT IS THE WIDEST YOU CAN HAVE YOU OFFENSIVE LINEMAN SET UP. HOW WIDE CAN THE SPACE BE BETWEEN EACH LINEMAN WITH IT GETTING TO CRAZY. (2 BASE LENGTHS ?)

MANTARAYDRE
Old 01-22-2009, 08:40 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Board Size

Alright, the field cover that is placed on the field messures 61'X 27 1/2'

The board it self messures 68 1/2' X 35 3/8' X 5 1/'

Now many may try and go larger, (IMO) I would advise not to. These number are the actual scale number for the figures that we use in this hobby.

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 01-22-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:49 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Space

Man....You have to Love all that Space.......
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
Man....You have to Love all that Space.......
I love it, but at irst I was scard! One misread can cause 6 points. It is the space that changes the way you think and react.

SS's have to chose either to defend the pass or run, they can no longer do both.

Play the man or an area of the field, they cant do both.

Each player must be accountable to/by you.

I tell every one, one you have played this system on a scale board you will not want to go back to a smaller board.

If you're blocking is on point and you're back gets out side, you know you got a first down, and maybe a TD. On a smaller board you would run out of bounds for maybe 5 yards.

What is known as 10 yards on all other boards is just 5 yards on a scale board.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Question Just to clarify

I want to make sure i dont do the wrong thing here. Are the measurements you posted just the playing field itself, or the total size of your board. Thanks AB. Have a great day.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Remember

When I Saw Your field cover at "The Brawl" I could not believe the "SPACE" that the System allows you to exploit....but then as you said... you realize that you also have to defend this "SPACE"