Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 01:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THE MPFL " THE BLACKBOARD CHALK TALK LEAGUE"

Coaches who value the MPFL

This is a old time blackboard chalk talk league. It's an x's and o's buffet. There are coaches who think it is too much to know. But aren't we here just for this. This gives you the chance to be the coach you alway's wanted. It is a difference between a ruleset and an entire system. Just listening to guy's like Ant, jimbo, steeltown, reminds you of the ESPN analyst breaking down formations and plays. Coaches like smitty, adrian, tron and others have not begun to post yet. Wait until they get going in here. The MPFL is like tasting food. It smells good, (people's curiosity) and you wonder what it taste like .
Once you taste a sample, you love it like mcdonalds, chinese food, etc etc.

Just watch a football team being run on television. You have the opportunity to do that here. There are some incredible coaches coming to the MPFL that i have not mentioned. The chalk talk on this forum will begin to pick up shortly. great minds in one league. This is system/league where you must watch everything. In this league you just don't set up. You set up to follow the ball. In some cases you won't be told who has the ball. So your people better be on there STREETS, CORNERS, AVENUE'S, INTERSECTIONS, WALKWAY'S , BOULEVARDS, ETC ETC. ( TO FOLLOW THE BALL). Also be prepared to be FOLLOWED as you try and duck into an alleyway.

The MPFL will keep your mind sharp like a game of chess between Bobby fisher and some russian chess champion. DON'T LOOK AT THE SYSTEM AS BEING TOO MUCH. KEEP IT SIMPLE IN THE FRAMEWORK OF WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH. ALWAY'S REMEMBER, "it's your idea vs my idea".
my lineman bench press 475lbs, your lineman bench press 520 lbs. " i specifically wen't out and acquired beefy lineman, AND SO DID YOU !

that's how you function in the world of the MPFL !!

MANTARAYDRE
Old 01-22-2009, 10:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You are right!

Do to the style we play,we can really talk strategy from an X's and O's viewpoint.We have to add how we create it though,because we have to think/react for the lil guys on the board.speaking in terms of stops and magnets we can do just about anything that you see in the real game with some practice.Once you have an opponent and the board is turned on then that is another thing.How many times have some of you guys coached kids/men and they look great in practice,but come game time it is a whole new story.No different here.another example of MPFL realism--STT
Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That is IT!!!

I am so very happy to see that you all understand what you can do in this system. As I have read every post in this area, words can not express how I fell by seeing this thing open up you're minds and cause you to think.

There are many out there that were very quick to say ( You will never get this game to play loke acrual football) Well!!!!!!!! Now the truth is out!!!!

See like faith (Faith you must have in Christ for example) you have to believe, you have to put that faith to work. Without faith you can never see what we in the MPFL see's.

Guys I, you, we have not reach full fullfilment in this system yet. There is so much more.

Have you all picket up on the fact that there as been little or no talk about base tweaking, ttqb passing! The reason why is that the focus is on football.

I can and will asure you that by this time next you you would have gained more understanding in this system you will not believe it you're self.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up This system

resurrected this game for me. To be able to spend time with a hobby, enjoy it, and keep looking forward to playing, and attempting to find little things that might help improve the game, is a fantastic thing. I will also add, that the MFCA is also is a great way to enjoy this hobby, not to mention the talent of its members on creating figures, boards, accessories etc... You Da Man AB