Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 11:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default AFL 50th Anniversary Season

Just thought of something. With all the hype about this being the AFL's 50th Anniversary season. Are we forgetting that this is also the Dallas Cowboys 50th Anniversary season as well? After all the NFL put a franchise in Dallas just to go head to head with the Dallas Texans and the upstart AFL.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 04-13-2009, 09:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Good point that not even the greatest Cowboys Fans on our site has talked this one up. ............ Great Scoop!!!!!!

K-LO

p.s. They should have known!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

was it the EXACT same year? i thought they were one year apart.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The Dallas Cowboys joined the NFL in 1960 which is the same year that the AFL started. Yes the Cowboys are celebrating there 50th season but I have not heard anything about it or any talk about any special celebrations. We here more talk about the new stadium as opposed to there 50th season. Who knows maybe the opening of the new stadium was to coincide with the Cowboys 50th season.

Coach J
Old 04-14-2009, 10:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Same year?

Minneapolis, Minnesota which was to be an original AFL franchise was awarded an NFL franchise to begin play in 1961. The AFL then awarded Oakland the final original franchise. So the Vikings will be playing their 50th anniversary season next year.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Chiefs will wear Dallas Texan uniforms to celebrate. I guess they figured out that sales in Texas would be higher than sales in Missouri of their retro jerseys. They will be wearing them against the Cowboys in this years game. http://www.kmbc.com/sports/19179250/detail.html
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/04...son_in _2009/

All Hail Texas!
Attached Images

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!