Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 01:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default America's Team: Dallas Cowboys 2008

Just finished this team for one of my customers. This team has 11 custom offensive players, 6 stock defensive players and 5 custom defensive players.
This team makes me want to create myself some Cowboys again!
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wow

They are sweet!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Nice job Reg but--

The Steelers should be Americas team.They travel as well as any NFL team as far as Fans go all across the USA and we got the most SB trophies.Also our ownership cares more about the NFL than the team brand name.Just my opinion.Just like Jerry jones thinks the Cowboys are Americas team.Who started that one up.Great job on doing the Cowboys though--STT
Old 04-12-2009, 05:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default No Longer America's Team

The legendary voice of NFL Films John Facenda called the Cowboys Americas team back in the seventies. The Cowboys as a franchise have always been over rated, but they had a strong marketing campaign during their early years as a franchise. That’s why their cheerleading squad was so hyped. During the 70’s through the 80’s the cheerleading squad was the talk of the NFL.

Due to salary caps, free agency and the overall evolution of the game, the Cowboys have lost the America’s team title. Cowboy fans are like old boxers who still think they have it. The walls have closed in on the Cowboys. It is unfortunate that it’s fans and front office can’t see that.

Maurice

The Electric Coach

Last edited by Electric Coach : 04-12-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-12-2009, 09:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

those are great.....beautiful job Reg

Benster from north of the border
Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Over-rated???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Coach View Post
The legendary voice of NFL Films John Facenda called the Cowboys Americas team back in the seventies. The Cowboys as a franchise have always been over rated, but they had a strong marketing campaign during their early years as a franchise. That’s why their cheerleading squad was so hyped. During the 70’s through the 80’s the cheerleading squad was the talk of the NFL.

Due to salary caps, free agency and the overall evolution of the game, the Cowboys have lost the America’s team title. Cowboy fans are like old boxers who still think they have it. The walls have closed in on the Cowboys. It is unfortunate that it’s fans and front office can’t see that.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
How can the Cowboys have always been over-rated? They have been to 8 Super Bowls, and won five of them. That's an average of going to the show every 5+ years. Alot of teams would love to be over-rated like that.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sweet

Great work as usual.I have PM you and dallcow4life for that color of the pants.I am getting ready to do the white jersey cowboys.Awesome work
Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Say Again

Although I am not a Steelers fan, they have the most Super Bowl titles in the NFL. Two of those were earned by beating your Cowboys. Yes, the Cowboys got one on the Steelers the last time they matched up. To be honest, the Steelers own the Cowboys, yet they were not considered America’s team. Moreover, the Cowboys haven’t been to a Super Bowl in 13 years. Currently at the rate that they are going, it’s going to be longer than that.

The Cowboys picked up their fan base during the 70’s; around the time when the Cowboys were winning a lot. They were shown more on TV than any other team in the league. It wasn’t because they were so in demand. It was their marketing strategy. As a result, people got on the bandwagon. That era spawned more of your kind who run and hide when the Cowboys lose. I remember that year when the Cowboys were 1-15. There wasn’t a Cowboy fan in site.

Don’t take it wrong; I give guys like Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith their props. Those two Cowboys earned their way. They belong in the Hall of Fame. A dude like Michael Irving along with many other Cowboy players shouldn’t have been inducted as soon as they were or at all. Lynn Swann was put on hold for about 20 years. He was one of the most consistent and prolific receivers in the game's history. I think it’s safe to assume that it’s a lot of boot licking going on in Dallas. I am an Eagle fan for life, win or lose.

Maurice

The Electric Coach

Last edited by Electric Coach : 04-12-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Respect them!

Me and the Cowboys have a Love//hate relationship.I have a boat load of respect for their history and players.GO STEELERS!STT
Old 04-13-2009, 09:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Cowboys are still America's team!

The Cowboys are still Americas team! I am stating this fact because no other team brings out the emotions of the fans like the Cowboys. Just go back through the post on this board alone - we don't find these kind of post about the Buccaneers or the Dolphins. The Cowboys bring out the emotion like no other team - love or hate! Just this year alone, I listened to ESPN radio for 1 hour in the car on a business trip. It was 2 weeks into the playoffs and they were still talking about Dallas not making the playoffs. It is no wonder why other fans hate Dallas, if my team was in the playoffs and they were still talking about Dallas, I would be upset!

The Cowboys have been Americas Team ever since Roger Staubach. If that title can withstand years with Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick, then it certainly can withstand these years. The Cowboys, Yankees and Lakers: it has been this way ever since I was little. Go Cowboys.

beenutt