Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Revenue Generation in Miniature Football

I think the PAC 10 has gotten the bug! The ACC will get the bug! The Big 10 needs to get the bug! The SWC already had the bug! As guys get familiar with the CBSMF ruleset, the efficiency of the games will pick up and they will feel more comfortable in videotaping or showing real-time streaming of the games.

On an impromptu whim last week, the PAC10 broadcast games from Los Angeles, California. It was monumental in MF in that it shattered a record 20 people watching a game that I played in in 2003 (Showdown at Rocky Top). The games out in LA were watershed because of some very important reasons:

1. I had been telling people this was possible.
2. It was in real time and everything worked.
3. Games were entertaining!
3. You had 32 viewers on at on time watching, and
4. It shows the ability to generate revenue.

I can tell people until they are blue in the face but seeing is often what makes people believe. And even then, people still will doubt you. The games were shown in a 7 second delay but it was great seeing guys that you talk with on television (computer).

To see the agony of a player running 30 yards around end for paydirt only to have the play called back by a chop block is music to my ears! To see guys become frantic because of the amount of plays is entertaining! To see the game under the lights in a stadium where there is a premium on honing in on passing skills is undeniable! That's what makes this CBSMF entertaining!

Wow, just think 32 coaches on watching MF! Electric Coach even had his 60 inch High Def tuned in to the game. In the past, Mozeek would be watching on his High Def and his wife comes in and ask, "What football game are you watching?", only to discover it's miniature! Now, while the network still has it's kinks, it does offer something that is affordable and entertaining.

Lastly, it is a great way to generate revenue! Just think, in the future, PAC10, Big 10, SWC, ACC, Big 12, Big East and other games can be streamed on this network for nominal fees. Auctions on gameboards, custom figures, stadiums, etc., can be done to create revenue for the respective conferences. If you are a part of the CBSMF, you have equal access to having your own shows on the network. That's what a part of the registration fee goes towards, CBSMF broadcast. So if you are in the league and want to spend 30 minutes advertising what you do, let's get it done. Let's thing beyond the box and show what can be done!

Reg