Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 12:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Tweaking and the NFL combine

Is it me, or are they similar? Here is what i am seeing.....

Sometimes (thankly, not all the time), i tweak a team by individual player and get them to do what i want, THEN, when i set them up with the rest of their team and run a full team drill, they run elsewhere . I relate it to the combine because in the individual workouts, they are monsters. Once the real practice begins with their teammates, they flop! Yeah, i got a few "workout wonders".

I wonder if the other guys make them move differently with some sort of science involved in that?
Old 04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Me too!

I found that I have to get the whole team on the board, sometimes both O and D to make sure guys run the way I like. They run differently then when they are on a board by themselves. The extra players affect the vibration I guess. Anyway, just like in real life you have to have the team move in concert together. They have to be in a certain place before, during, and after a play.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
I found that I have to get the whole team on the board, sometimes both O and D to make sure guys run the way I like. They run differently then when they are on a board by themselves. The extra players affect the vibration I guess. Anyway, just like in real life you have to have the team move in concert together. They have to be in a certain place before, during, and after a play.
Exactly what I have found out. Even when I put a backfield on the board alone and get the timing of the play. Then, when I put everyone on the board, the timing is different and I have to tweak it a little more.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

YEP! And let's not even mention when you put them on another board altogether. There is nothing like finding out right before a game that your team runs differently on an opponent's board. That 32 counter trap looks more like a mass of confusion.

I'm learnin'....I'm learnin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince148 View Post
Exactly what I have found out. Even when I put a backfield on the board alone and get the timing of the play. Then, when I put everyone on the board, the timing is different and I have to tweak it a little more.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
YEP! And let's not even mention when you put them on another board altogether. There is nothing like finding out right before a game that your team runs differently on an opponent's board. That 32 counter trap looks more like a mass of confusion.

I'm learnin'....I'm learnin'.
Yeah, well this weekend is going to be my first league play in EFL (Dixie League) and I've been playing (practicing) on a slow 620. So, it's going to be very interesting to see how all my diligent practicing did when I have to probably refigure all the timing.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Cool Metal vs Fiber vs Field Cover....

I have learned from the wisdom of our "Elder tweakers" NR, GH, JD, KL, VP, GH, etc...you must have multiple boards to tweak for various surface(field Conditions). I have had games with athletes that hurt the competition on metal....then get "turf toe" on vinyle Is it my lack of preparation or the need to wear 'multi-surface cleats?" You must "tweak, let it settle and retweak in a couple of days". I am in love with art of tweaking...and as an Elder told me "The Greatest Pleasure is seeing your tweaked athlete do work" example #12 Doug Williams led BAM with over 700+ after starting the season (post-tweaked) He had had less than 100 in 3 games (Pre-tweaked)... Led the league with 700+ and he ran well on all surfaces
All interested in Dougie, he will be a free agent at the end of The 2009 Season....honorable base draft.....sike

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 04-17-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Agreed KC!

One of the things I learned from a few of the great tweakers in my area is that your team should be tweaked to run well on most surfaces.

Vince148, I only have one board but I'm fortunate enough to have a few coaches that are great at letting me scrimmage on their boards. I also learn about tweaking from them. That helped get my team ready for multiple surfaces. I still have a ways to go but I see improvement.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default to add

i have learned quickly that a nicely tweaked Miami Canes on a lamenated field cover, does not translate to well to a fathead type field cover. Same board, different field covers. Alabama on the other hand, was (GMC)re-tweaked quickly on the fathead and they are bussin booty on the canes right now by a score of 28-14 and driving. If not for 2 santana moss KR's, these canes would be getting blown out.

They were awesome however, on my Tom Landry field cover.

Interesting stuff i am learning here, from myself, and you guys.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Smiling

Norbert Revels
Old 04-17-2009, 07:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Team Training

It’s all about the amount of time that you put into your team. Every team that I build starts the way it was seen on Electric Coach Combine. A 10-minute time constraint keeps me from showing more. I do run my teams on my metal boards as well. I have a 500 model, a 600 model, and a 620 model. They were shown in the Federation video.

In regards to the team playing as a unit, I require that my players especially my defensive players stay in their assigned lanes. When players stay in their lanes, the chances of them running into each other is reduced tremendously. Lane assignment also reduces the dreaded stalemate that occurs when the players become bunched. Lane assignment mainly applies to players inside the box. Also plays execute faster when players are assigned lanes. I strive to execute plays between 3 to 4 seconds.

Maurice

The Electric Coach