Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Grade for the Spring Issue
A 17 54.84%
A- 4 12.90%
B+ 2 6.45%
B 4 12.90%
B- 3 9.68%
C+ 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2009, 12:26 AM
MFCA Member #3

Default Feedback on Spring Issue of The Tweak

The staff of The Tweak is looking for your opinions and comments on the latest Spring Issue. Your feedback helps us to move the magazine in the direction that all of you-the MFCA-wants to see it move in. Please take a moment and give us a grade, so we can gauge ourselves. Our goal is to meet your satisfaction and do our best to bring you the best that miniature football has to offer.

We are still always looking for anyone willing to contribute an aritcle or two.
Please give us your ideas and thanks for your support of The Tweak and the MFCA.

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I have a good article in mind for an issue this fall or winter, just too busy right now to do it the way I want to. I am planning on submitting something later in the year.

This issue was so-so for me, I'll admit it. I still love it and support all that are involved, The way I see it, unless I am contributing I really don't have much room to gripe about everyone else's efforts.

The Tweak in our mailboxes is a very special thing, we all should plan on getting involved at some point or another.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default It's Great

Every time I receive my issue of the Tweak I enjoy reading it. I have yet to see a redundant article. As long as each issue talks about something different, the magazine will be a blast to read. This magazine is exclusive. I love it.

Maurice

Electric Coach
Old 04-26-2009, 08:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I liked the recap from the Miggle tourney, great stuff. Would like to see more pics and recaps from the tourney's around the country. Keep up the great work! Has there been an article on Decaling and painting?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

A Very Good Edition!!!

Go Steelers!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good issue

I've enjoyed all the issues to this point. This one was no exception. I'm a hard grader which is why I hate grading these things. As always, I want more "how to" articles but most things have been covered. Looking forward to working with you on upcoming youth articles.

Anywho.....keep up the good work!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Shabby J, looking forward to the article as you already know.

Maurice, glad you like everything so far

Steelerfan, we would love to have more updates from leagues and tourneys as well, but we need someone who is going to those events to send articles in to us so that we can get them in the magazine. We have done a basic painting article, as well as a how-to make your own decals. Check the back issues...

TV's Chachi, make some more KISS figures, those are awesome!

Detroitchild, what how-to would you like to see? We need to know, send Matt or me an e-mail.

To all others:

We need everyone’s contributions. If you have an idea, send it to us. If you want to write an article, write away and send it to us. Don't worry if your English isn't very good. We can and do go over every article and make grammar and spelling corrections. We can also co-write for you as well. We can take something like this:

The kowtoun turny was the schizzle, man, guys was humpin and bumpin and bangen each udder til the son came up agin. The next day. Jon beet Joe who was the dude who beet the otter dude when he miss kicked and the cat ran off with the thang in his mouth it was to funy I almoss pasd out. Props to Jon who wun.

Into this:

The Cowtown tournament will go down in history as one of the greatest events in MF history. Guys were playing at a level of intensity that was simply too incredible to describe. The action was non-stop. Indeed, the coaches played throughout the night and didn't stop until the next morning when the sun was shining. A new champion was crowned after a fierce battle between two rather unknown coaches, who worked their way up through the brackets. Joe beat the defending champion to make it to the final round, while John handily won in his bracket. The championship game was a real nail biter and came down to a field goal attempt by Joe on the game's final play. The kicked barely missed the uprights, and when a cat ran into the room and ran off, with the felt ball hanging from his mouth, the room exploded in laughter. It was a fitting end to a great weekend of play. Congratulations to John, the 2009 Cowtown champion!

How do we do it? Easy, we have the best phonic-trained monkeys that bananas can buy working at the typewriters!
Attached Images

Last edited by RavennaAl : 04-26-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking VERY GOOD ISSUE

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A BIG ARTICLE ON THE PRODUCTS ,PUT ON THE MARKET BY VARIAS MEMBERS OF THE MFCA ,LIKE FIGURES BY REGGIE, DJ , CHRIS F, AND BUZZBALL, AND I ESPECIALLY ENJOY THE ARTICLES ON OLDER PRODUCTS SUCH AS COLECO AND GOTHAM,SINCE I JUST PURCHASED A COUPLE OF VINTAGE GOTHAM GAMES . THANKS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK,ITS APPRECIATED.................................STYX
Old 04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

first i'd like to say thanks to matt and wolf and everyone involved with the TWEAK and all in the M.F.C.A. , to me this tweak is the best.
I'm prejudice because I'm on the cover and there is a very nice write-up about me and the big write-up about miggle with me and Norbert in the championship game and all the fun everyone had at miggle, to me it was the BEST miggle ever.
but thats just me

A GREAT Edition!!! and the miggle tournament will go down in history as one of the greatest events in MF history, but thats just me too.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Guys, this was a great edition. The video design stuff was awsome, the league building, older game versions, the Brawl and Miggle stories, Big Jim story, the intro- all great stuff! The Tweak magazine is GOLD for this hobby. They will be even more valuable over time as we look back at the history of the hobby. Great job to ALL that contributed. I for one learned some interesting things about the green room rumble (before I was in the hobby) and it just made me appreciate some of the recent history.

Great job
Joe