Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Has anyone come up with any creations or...

do you think everything has been discovered already and now being re-copied?

I am always interested to see what the creative minds are coming up with. Are there any great minds or geniuses out there that have come up with new things off the top of their head?

Show me what you got!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Reg

I'm working on a wide receiver with spring loaded arms that at
the moment of contact, come down and snap the arms off the "cover
corner".

Bill
...and when they called for the apostles and had beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. So they departed... And daily in the temple and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Showed this already in another thread, and its......

Nothing fancy at all, but i have not seen these things as yet. Not saying i am first, just had not seen these smalls additions thus far.

Tarp for the board and flags on the goal posts.

I do have an idea though that i am trying to create -

When the board is turned on, NFL films music starts playing. When the board is snapped off, crowd noise starts playing. Dont know how i can do this, but the wheels are turning.
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking Interesting

We'll see huh!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Creations

Reg -

I think you probably saw the leather helmets that I commissioned the awesome Mr. Chris Fields to design. They are on the ACME Packers thread.

I do wonder if guys will ever do full helmets with facemasks (pre-printed helmets) that just slip on top of figures heads. I see that coming someday.

I still think the face decal has its time...I've played around a bunch with it but still haven't come up with the right 3d decal as it still looks 2d.

As for footballs, there's probably a ball out there that will stick to a receiver as opposed to bouncing off him to make the judgement for a catch more realistic. Either that or one that leaves a temporary mark on the player or field (kind of like a ball mark in tennis).

Those are some of the things that are percolating...
Old 05-21-2009, 01:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Line chalk

No big innovations...but, to Tom's point, I have actually used purple "line chalk" to dip felt footballs in and laid out a grid in Excel, printed it on white cardboard and threw passes against it testing angle of QB/ball vs point of impact, distance, etc...My passing still sux, but, over thinking, over analyzing and over engineering is what I do...it all may prove to be helpful someday

I will say I do have a lot going on in my head around some electronic products and have doodled some circuits down, however, with working, tweaking, building teams and practicing and "normal" life stuff, I'm probably a long way off...

Joe Ram
Old 05-21-2009, 09:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Nothing truly original.....

..... Building the Spartan Marching Band which as been pretty cool. Really getting into making molds, casting my own parts and working with the Apoxie....old tricks with new toys. Also built some electronic equipment but haven't gotten the kinks out yet. All while trying to paint and play..... Just the usual stuff
Old 05-21-2009, 10:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Marching Band

It's been a while since someone has posted this, but there are a couple of guys who actually do custom marching bands. Here's the guy I used to do the Wisconsin Marching Band and a pic of WI, Ohio St, and Michigan. I was pleased but they are a bit spendy. They are bigger and heavier than standard EF figures, but they add a nice touch!

http://www2.cyg.net/~bandman/
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Great pics Tom and thanks for sharing them!

I don't think my instruments will be as detailed but at least I have some control over the cost!!!! This week I have been working on my Tuba....Its going to take me some time to complete all the figures I want. After about 3 weeks I have about 30.....Looking good in Green and White. I post some pics shortly.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Buccaneer

Default Tweaking Miggle Electric Score Board

I have yet done this yet, but I plan to make a new smaller look of the miggle electric score board.Stay tuned.

I have been working with my EF motors and a new business I am going to do in Michigan. My new business is taking up most of my time right now.

Tony