Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The MFCA brought the CBSMF and the Brawl together because...(answered here)

I have had a couple of discussions with some MFCA Members recently who are unsure if they want to attend the MFCA CONVENTION for the simple reason that there are two high profile league and tourneys going on at the same time. They asked me, “Why would I schedule the Brawl after the CBSMF had already been setup and wasn’t I disrespecting the CBSMF by doing this?’ or “Why, was I making coaches make a choice?” They were not happy with me and the decision of the MFCA. The truth is, this is a MFCA EVENT. The MFCA is the host and the tourneys that are coming, came into this with full knowledge, that they may or may not be the only game in town. I, as president of the MFCA, take full responsibility for the failure or success of this convention and knew that this was a tall order to try and make every entity happy and comfortable with this scenario. This actually all started with another national league that I approached and asked to hold their finals at the MFCA CONVENTION. They had already made prior commitments and it would have meant some adjusting to their schedules to make it work and it was just too late to change. I then approached the Brawl Tourney and talked to Don Smith about the possibility, knowing that they were in the process of developing the pilot for a TV Show. Because of arrangements with the TV producers at that time, it was not going to be a possibility and the Brawl Tournament was going ahead with plans to hold their event on the East Coast in June. I remained in contact with the Brawl reps and the last words were, “if we could make it happen we would”, but that it was going to depend heavily on the TV world’s decisions. In the meantime, Reginald Rutledge contacted me to see if the CBSMF League championship could happen. The answer, from me, without hesitation, was yes! At the time, this was the only league that could possibly commit, yet I knew that the Brawl Tourney could still be coming and I had not stopped working on that. Well, then it happened, the producers became enthralled with the idea of the convention atmosphere and suddenly it was doable to have the Brawl Tourney at the MFCA CONVENTION as well as the CBSMF League Championships. I spoke personally with one of the production companies to explain the convention and the MFCA. This is how it happened and why we are about to experience something that we never thought could, but have always hoped for. I personally am very excited!

My answer to those who think that the one event disrespects the other or will divide the hobby further is: You are missing the point of why the MFCA was started. We created this because we wanted the hobby and game to grow! We love this hobby and game and defend it! Even though we play by different rules and weights, we are all still playing miniature football and there is unity in this! When some reporter does an article about how “stupid” this game is and how we are, “all a bunch of wifeless geeks with no lives”, don’t we all stand up together and attempt to get these “so-called reporters” to really look and get what we are about. Yes, we do, regardless of whether we play 4.0 or 3.2 or MPFL or Texas Shootout or Rules2000, we stand together in this instance. This is what the MFCA CONVENTION is about! There is no disrespect going on to any event, league or tourney. We are coming together because that is what we should do. We are a family, like it or not. Our family can exist under one roof (miniature football). We don’t have to like our brother all the time and don’t have to compete in the same sports, but we can still eat at the same table during family gatherings. This is a gathering, diverse and imperfect, but we are all coming to support miniature football, the MFCA and our friends and coaches.

If you are concerned about which tourney to compete in and make a choice that you feel will hurt another’s feeling, don’t be! I have talked to both Reg and Don and they know that this is not about a perceived loyalty. This is about the hobby overall. There are plenty of coaches to fill the CBSMF, the Brawl and the MFCA Tournament to capacity and then some! We must make this work and if you are concerned further and need to reassure yourself, than talk to Reg, Don or myself and let us know your feelings. I want it clear, however, that it was I who pursued and or accepted the league and tournaments into the convention and I did so knowing that this might all blow up in my face. I, however, have faith in the people in this hobby , that we will all come under the MFCA banner, compete in our respective events and walk away from this with more excitement and fervor for the hobby and its people than we have ever had before. It was worth the risk, to see if we could actually make this happen and I call on all of you to help make it a reality. In either case, I will go down with the ship or fly the flag the highest when the event is over.

If you all remember, way back in the beginning of the MFCA, I, as well as many others talked about an event that was all encompassing with many vendors, leagues and tourneys under one roof. Most said this couldn’t happen! We are too small, we are too divided, our ego’s will get in the way, it won’t ever happen. Well the fact of the matter is, it is going to happen this August in Canton, Ohio. There are still those that say it will fail and all this will do is further divide the hobby. To those, I would say, stay away. This event is about positives and positive people!

Compete to win, play for fun and gather to make friends and renew old friendships.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I'm Jimmy Davis And I Approved WOLF'S Message !

YES WHAT WOLF SAID !

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default yes we can

we can do it........................
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I like the idea!!!!!!

I will be there looking to have a great time, and I know I will!!

It's a shame a select few feel that way. They need to open up, relax, and enjoy the show!!!

Nat'l
6/13/09 Will you be there?
Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I say, if one girl can unionize an entire manufacturing industry, then one girly-man can surely do the same for miniature football.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wolf

I believe.....
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2009, 08:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTom View Post
I believe.....
At least I had perky ones back then! Tom, you owed me for sometime. Glad you finally got the opportunity!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WELL SAID

FINALLY SOMEONE HAS CLEARLY STATED WHAT I HAVE FELT ABOUT THIS HOBBY......THANKS WOLF AND ALL OTHERS WHO ARE BELIEVERS.....

Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I got your back Wolf! carry on!

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default EXCELLENT POST

WOLF, EXCELLENT POST.

The world is big enough for everyone. The brawl and the cbsmf under one roof will be good for business. FAILURE OF ANY KIND IS NOT AN OPTION FOR THAT WEEKEND SO DONT THINK ANYMORE ABOUT IT. I spoke with reg on the phone about coaches who are playing in the CBSMF PLAYING IN THE BRAWL ALSO. Reg had no problem whatsoever. Because we both agreed, THESE TYPE OF EVENTS SPELL ONE AND DONE. For instance, if you get ousted from any tourney early, which half the field will, YOUR DONE FOR THE WEEKEND. Not if, but WHEN this happens to these coaches, MYSELF INCLUDED, you must find another venue to play in or you will not be on any field unless it is a scrimmage against someone.

ofcourse coaches would like to play in both but it is not about disrepecting either venue, IT'S THE TIME FRAME. i said from the begining, if a timed schedule could be worked out between the 2. It would be easier on any coaches decision. This weekend is more about connecting with everyone again, not dividing anything. Im curious, HOW IS ANY OF THIS GOING TO DIVIDE THE HOBBY ? I did not mention the coaches challenge because i think everyone will play in that regardless.

I THINK THAT WEEKEND WILL BRING THE HOBBY CLOSER THAN EVER.

THE WORD FAIL SHOULD NEVER COME UP AGAIN, IT'S ALREADY A SUCCESS.

NO HATFIELDS VS THE MCCOY'S ON EITHER END ON THE SPECTRUM.
EVERYONE IS JUST DOING THERE OWN THING !!!!

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 05-24-2009 at 09:29 AM.