Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 06:04 PM
JIMBO

Default ARE VENUS FLY TRAPS ALLOWED IN THE DSEFL

I've recently seen pictures of some figures that have crept back onto the vibro-turf...The ULTIMATE LOCKDOWN CORNER.

How much coaching does it take to line-up 3, 4 or 5 of those guys and let them do a Jack "Stick Um" Tatum on receivers? No need for Cover schemes. No need to worry about anything other than the Run. No need to coach.

Not too long ago when the BB CVRs came out, we went through this same argument. But at least BB had the good sense to create poses that would combat "Lt. Lockdown" - "Beast" and "Thunder".

After evaluating some of the pictures I've seen, I don't see a popsicle's chance in a turkey fryer of anyone getting away from those venus fly traps! Except of course if we do some creative and ingenius customizing, which IMHO would take away from the flavor of the game of football and it would then become a custom freak show.

So, DSEFL Commish (and others who wish to chime in for conversation-sake), LMK how I gotta build my SAINTS. With or without "Huggy Bears" and "Huggy Bear Busters."

I'm not here to start no trouble. I'm just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

Jimbo
Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Jimbo

Jasper and myself will assure you that once the new season starts we will not be allowing those type of figures. Soon we will be posting pictures of how we expect the players to look from the incoming coaches, so once that is done that will be the official figures.

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL
Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Let me inform all DSEFL 2009 PRO season coaches. The venus fly trap pose has no place in this league at any position. You may use Buzz Ball OL or CC or REG Fig. These figures must be on a full flat plat form and must make weight. You are allowed double side tape or glue to hold your player, you may want to look at rules for more details about this . There will be know chewing gum used as glue. In my previous rule we allowed painted base. There will be know painted base in this league. We want to have a league where your skills are your strength not what you hide in between the plat form and base. In our first season we had a coach that used lead tape the entire season and didn,t find out until he finish the season. So with that in mind here is a picture of what is not allowed. Base painted, home depot products added, plat form jack up. Look at the arms this the Venus fly trap or is that a custom pose. If you have custom pose like that please post it.
Attached Images

Last edited by kingATL : 06-10-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default OR THESE

Arms are too wide
Attached Images

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL
Old 06-10-2009, 08:16 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Default what about this one

Can anyone tell me the reason to have men like this!!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 PM
JIMBO

Default HERE'S MY TAKE

*BUCS look sweet to me!!! The arms might be wider than a 67 Big Man DB, but they don't "trap" the receiver. That design is actually what a DB is supposed to do: hit the WR and turn with him, not engulf him or bear hug him as in holding, mugging, etc. If a WR can't get off the base-to-base contact then that's one thing, but to intentionally create a guy that won't ever let go no matter what, that's not within the spirit of the rules of electric football IMHO.

*No problem with the BENGALS except their arms would have to be 1yd off the LOS (neutral zone) not the bases. That looks like a 3-4yd headstart for the other team. And those painted bases look cool, but could be hiding anything from boilers to thin metal to anything. But that's what equipment specs are for.

*BEARS #58's arms "looks" questionable. Is that a Minister/Haiti RB hybrid? As long as they don't hang over the front of the platform more than any other STOCK pose, I think it would be ok, unless it has 2 elbows. I can't tell because of the angle.

You know what would solve ALL of this mess?

Scouting and preparation.
Or a Strategy Divider and Bump-N-Release WRs.

It doesn't matter to me, I just wanted to know how to prepare my team. If it's not kept a secret until GameDay then whatever's clever, Trevor. I would say pictures and rosters should be available to everyone so that proper scouting could be done so there aren't any surprises or disappointments. Let's do this, mang!!!

Last edited by JIMBO : 06-10-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hhmmmmm....

If real human beings looked like some of those guys they'd be in a circus freak show. Let's at least make them look more like humans and less like orangutans.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
If real human beings looked like some of those guys they'd be in a circus freak show. Let's at least make them look more like humans and less like orangutans.
Now thats funny as h-ll .
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Two at all times

Jimbo I think that you should only have 2 cover corners on the field on any given play. Also I like the RR rule about the arms being .25 cm apart. That makes it fair for all also in a normal set you still have a chance for WR to get open.

Darrian
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
bignasty fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingATL View Post
Let me inform all DSEFL 2009 PRO season coaches. The venus fly trap pose has no place in this league at any position. You may use Buzz Ball OL or CC or REG Fig. These figures must be on a full flat plat form and must make weight. You are allowed double side tape or glue to hold your player, you may want to look at rules for more details about this . There will be know chewing gum used as glue. In my previous rule we allowed painted base. There will be know painted base in this league. We want to have a league where your skills are your strength not what you hide in between the plat form and base. In our first season we had a coach that used lead tape the entire season and didn,t find out until he finish the season. So with that in mind here is a picture of what is not allowed. Base painted, home depot products added, plat form jack up. Look at the arms this the Venus fly trap or is that a custom pose. If you have custom pose like that please post it.
just need a little clarity. Are we allowed to sand the platforrm down for our figures to make weight. When you said full base I am under the impression that we can't cut the base to make weight. If that is the case then I would have to place an order out for more figs. Thanks for the help. Fred