Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Fake Paypal emails, be careful, heres one

Hello everybody, When paypal sends out a email, they allways use hello or dear when addressing you and they use your full name, this is just one of the reasons that got me to pay attention to this email, another one is I did try to withdraw money out the ATM, (it said insuffient funds, it was $20 I was trying to take out, I had over $750 in there), I got this email about 2 days after that, I then called the number at the bottom to fix the problem, they said I had to update my phone number on the site, (which was true, my old number was on there), so these 3 things lead me to beleive that this was a true paypal email, so I gave them the enformation they asked for,..........a day later, my account was cleaned out,.........NOW, I think some websites that you buy stuff from (colon cleanse for me on this one), sells your enformation to people or these people set up fake websites to get your name and information, wait a day or 2 then hit from another direction, I am still trying to figure this out guys, BE CAREFUL everyone.

Norbert Revels

Flag this messagePayPal Debit Card SecuritySaturday,
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"PayPal" Add sender to ContactsTo: explosivechiefs@yahoo.com

Hello Norbert Revels,

Our security team noticed a possible fraudulent transaction was attempted using your PayPal Debit Card, so we’ve taken steps to protect you until we can verify the transaction. We're contacting you via email because we weren’t able to reach you at the home telephone number listed on your PayPal account. Until we can verify that this latest transaction was legitimate, we’ve temporarily blocked your Debit Card. We recognize that you may have initiated this transaction yourself. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we’d rather err on the side of protecting you.

If you have not already done so, please call the PayPal Debit Card Security Team at &&&&&&&&&&& if you are in the United States or &&&&&&&&& if you are in Canada , to verify your recent transactions. You’ll need your Debit Card number when you call.

Thanks,

PayPal

© 2008 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

yeah, i almost was scammed by one of those phishing e-mails years ago. i found that it is best, i fyou receive one of those e-mails, to close the e-mail and log on to your account. if there is a problem, it will be stated to you in your account information.
MFCA member #31
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks Norbert

I see these things all of the time and I just delete them. I got a communication from Paypal a while back that said don't go through any email to sign into your account, go to the paypal website and sign in the way you normally would and if there is a problem there will be something listed on your account. Thanks again for the heads up!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks Norbert
Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

that is why I don't use paypal............
Old 06-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Coach

Default .

If I am not mistaken, Paypal has said that they will never send an email asking personal information, so if you get any, assume it is BS.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up as well.

raiderhp
Old 06-16-2009, 05:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks for the heads up!

Another reason I am reluctant to do stuff online.

BTW, I was just notified by my main credit card provider that they are cutting back my credit line because my payments have been low. Gotta laugh because I've been paying 3 to 4 times the minimum every month. Nonetheless,
I don't mind at all. Helps my main purpose right now, which is to get out of debt. Like the bible says, the debtor is slave to the lender.
...and when they called for the apostles and had beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. So they departed... And daily in the temple and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Coach

Default Things to remember

Paypal never ask for info by email they have your info already!!!If there was a problem they would call you!!Sorry this happen to Nobert!!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yes I know paypal want ask in a email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
If I am not mistaken, Paypal has said that they will never send an email asking personal information, so if you get any, assume it is BS.
I called the number and it was a dummy company acking like paypals security team, (from what I found out sofar),..........I heard people talking in the back ground like they were in a rush, I heard phones ringing and everything, they have it set up nice (smile), I thought I was talking to someone from paypal for real.

P.S. ALL paypal emails will have a Paypal email ID number at the bottom of there emails.

looks like this PP1234

Norbert Revels

Last edited by Norbert Revels : 06-17-2009 at 12:41 AM.