Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitaire Games

Attached is a "news article" report for a game I played last night and this morning. Will update on other games played later.

Thanks,
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Giants Defeat Redskins to begin Week 3.pdf (128.0 KB, 0 views)
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default First 2 weeks results

Attached are reports for the first 2 weeks of play in my Solitaire League.

Thanks,
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Week One Results.pdf (26.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Week Two Results.pdf (27.4 KB, 0 views)
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Coach

Great job! Keep us posted on the season!!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Nice reports Chris. I was wondering 3 things. First, what program do you use to make those with? Second, how many games is this season going to be? And third, in the pic from week 3, what is a 'Ginat'? A huge insect?
Old 01-10-2010, 05:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi AL,

Quote:
First, what program do you use to make those with?

You can also use Inkscape to realize PDF documents. Simply import graphics, create text blocks (use the text tool, and click and drag to create text blocks), make your page setting, and then save under PDF format (keeping text) ! Simply as that (and free).
Old 01-10-2010, 07:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Program

Al,

I use Microsoft Office Word which allows documents to be saved as a PDF format. Ginat I guess could be a "GIANT" insect. I probably ought to spellcheck before I post. I plan on playing a 5 game season. That will give each team 1 game against each division opponent and 1 game against a non division opponent. Then the two division winners will meet in the championship game. Will play playoff games if teams have identical records.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Week Three Results

Here is a report on week 3 of the Music City MFA's Solitaire League of Electric Football. Going to take a break for a couple of days to get things more organized. Have mostly been experimenting with a few game play situations. Want to get rules set before continuing and finishing this first season. It has been exciting so far but want to keep things truer to actual game play of this era. And need to take more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Week 3 Results.pdf (26.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Week 4 Results

Attached is the week 4 results. With one week remaining in the regular season, the Packers have already clinched the Western Division title with a 4-0-0 record and await the winner of the Eastern Division which will be decided in week 5 when the Pittsburgh Pirates meet the Brooklyn Dodgers each with identical 3-1-0 records. If the Pirates and Dodgers game should end in a tie, they will play again in a playoff game to determine who will meet the Packers for the Championship.

Due to a scheduling conflict, the New York Giants played 2 games in week 4 and have finished the season with a 3-2-0 record. The Chicago Bears will play their last two games in week 5 and are still looking for their first win.

The Eastern Division has proven to be the stronger division with a 3-2-0 advantage over Western Division teams.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Week Four Results.pdf (27.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2010, 09:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Chris, is the Cleveland team the original Rams? If so, I was hoping they would have a better season than the real ones. But that's ok, because I'll be switching my loyalties to the Dodgers.

As a side note, in this day and age of where teams will fire managers and coaches after 2 or 3 bad seasons, the Los Angeles Dodgers had only 2 managers in 43 years! Walt Alston managed the team from 1954 until he retired in 1976. Then Tommy Lasorda took over until he retired in 1996. I think that's an incredible record especially considering how quick teams have become to clean house since the late 70's or therabouts.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
As a side note, in this day and age of where teams will fire managers and coaches after 2 or 3 bad seasons, the Los Angeles Dodgers had only 2 managers in 43 years! Walt Alston managed the team from 1954 until he retired in 1976. Then Tommy Lasorda took over until he retired in 1996. I think that's an incredible record especially considering how quick teams have become to clean house since the late 70's or therabouts.
And Jo-Pa has been the coach at Penn St. for nearly that same stretch of years himself. The teams which have stuck with one manager/coach over long periods have gone through their fallow periods but have also enjoyed consistency, evolution, and multiple winning and championship seasons. A lesson which more organisations should pay attention to instead of trying to always find the Coach with the Silver Bullet.