Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 11:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Big Ten Thursday night....

Bonus coverage from your favorite CBSMF Conference, yea you know it, THE BIG TEN. Late 4th quarter heroics from both Penn State (James Davis) and Purdue (Jamel Goodloe) on a special Thursday night game.....

Penn State scores on 4th down late in the 4th quarter on a close play. You be the Judge! This was a well played game by both coaches.

Kick return late in the game turned out to be the game winner for Purdue in a wild one, 35-28 over Penn State. The win puts Purdue in the driver's seat, unbeaten thus far with two impressive wins..... A lot of ball left to be played.

More images from Happy Valley......
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2010, 03:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for the highlights..Nice Teams on display also.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Congrats J Swagz

Jamel,

It's great to see what you are doing in the Big 10. You've played in some pretty exciting games thus far with the 21 pt. come from behind victory and now, this big time win over Penn State.

Keep doing what you do and keep having fun at this. You are like last year's "Detroitchild" although you've got much experience. You come into a style of play foreign to you and show what type of master strategist you are.

Reg
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Dead on the head Reg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Rutledge View Post
Jamel,

It's great to see what you are doing in the Big 10. You've played in some pretty exciting games thus far with the 21 pt. come from behind victory and now, this big time win over Penn State.

Keep doing what you do and keep having fun at this. You are like last year's "Detroitchild" although you've got much experience. You come into a style of play foreign to you and show what type of master strategist you are.

Reg
Like I stated in a previous post. We have some awesome coaches that people really aren't aware of. This is one that you will hear from for years to come. Not an upset and I can say that from first hand experience.

Good game coaches.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I am the person who has picked Jamel to win "The Big 10" ......

Keep at it Frat....
Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I didn't vote but . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
I am the person who has picked Jamel to win "The Big 10" ......

Keep at it Frat....
I would have taken him or Norbert on that side. Something about that matchup.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default EPIC!

This game was an epic, see-saw battle where both offenses took to the air with regularity. Plenty of fireworks and big plays. There were also contributions from special teams where both teams kick returners had 85 yd TD's. And as always...the box kept things exciting to the end.

Purdue ain't no joke. Jamel has his Boilmaker's high octane offense in high gear. Add him to the list of challengers to take it all.

Also, don't count out Jim's Nittany Lions. He has the pieces to make a run. The old ball coach will be there in the end.

Reporting from Happy Valley...

Don "Scoop" Lang

Last edited by detroitchild : 04-30-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA The Ole Ball Coach better...

get back to BASICS!

If Penn State go to a 70-30 run/pass ratio, Penn State will win the Big 10. I think Penn State goes away from it's strength because of the stacking but "The Ole Ball Coach" plays good enough defense to win ugly.

I think Penn State want to try to match teams in the air when it has one of the best runners and O-lines in the land. I know the "any-touch" is tough but let's not forget, Larry Johnson had 1,000 yards rushing last year with a sub-par record.

Where Penn State failed at was in the air. Too often, Penn State went to the air to try to make a big play when instead, it should have relied on it's defense. The defense is not only the physical action of the players but the "luck of the box" too.

Remember, Penn State threw about 20 interceptions last year. What if Penn State would have just stuck with the short run game, punted the ball, and played defense.

Amazingly, you are seeing trends throughout the country with various teams. Their ball club personalities are coming to the forefront. Jim's team is a 70/30 team. In analyzing that team, you can see that Larry Johnson needs to run the ball about 20 times/game come hell or high water!!! They struggle when they pass.

Purdue looks to be an opportunistic team. They've got great talent and good special teams. They figure out ways to manufacture wins. That's pretty resourceful coaching. I figure, he's giving up over 20 points so there is still some areas to shore up. Just based on that, it seems as though his safeties are being caught out of position.

Great teams only give up about 14 points/game in this style of play. If you continue to give up in the high 20's, you still need need to study defense in this style.

It will be great watching Jamel play this year! He's one of those I am really excited about watching! Where in the world is Simmie? I've seen no "coachspeak" from that loudmouth but I know he's lurking out there.

I am gonna tell Jim like he has told me, "He's done - stick a fork in him" if he does not go back to basics 70/30 ratio!
Reg
Old 04-30-2010, 11:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Penn State is an interesting team in that the passing box has given Jim the ability to pass at least close to an "average" passer in the Big Ten. He has GOOD receivers and we all know about his running game. So this makes him a very dangerous coach. He threw the ball all over the field last night!!!! He still scored 28 points, Three through the air and one costly interception late in the game.

In his first game the Spartans shut down the running game for 3 quarters. To win in the Big Ten you have to be balanced. You need to run and pass effectively.

Penn State will be just fine. Both of their losses came against GREAT offensive teams who may just win the Conference Championship, perhaps a National Championship!

The rest of you Look out for Penn State.

Last edited by Treks1 : 04-30-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up I kinda agree . . .

You need stops in this style of play. But it is so hard with the talent here. Every player on every team can kill you.

You need a lot of deception to run in this style. Jamel is just as strong against the rush as anyone in this league. In fact, their are only maybe two coaches that can be pushed, but not enough to run all day.

The box tweak is working out fine by the stats. Penn State went 9 of 12 for about 300 yards but that interception was costly. But that's the balance.

Jamel had the same amount of yards but to me the difference was that he could steer away from the int. His completion percentage was lower but the lack of a turnover helped is cause.

I just think if anyone runs it 20 times it lessens their chances. I don't know why but it does.