Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2010, 05:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitaire league

I just got in the swing of my league. It's based off of all teams and players currently in the league. Do any fellow solitaire coaches use 44 man players for each team? Reason I ask is so you can sub in players for different offense/defense packages. I also don't use the ttqb because I suck so I use pass sticks. Anyone ace a way where you can throw a bullet pass to the reviver without the ttqb? I would like a fair way to simulate bullet passes during slants or threading the needle. Passing sticks are great but using them in the middle of traffic can cause a lot of picks.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

one way for the slant to have a better chance.
make a rule that only 2 DB's can run towards LOS, that gives you up to 3 other guys you could throw the quick slant too.

or--- set your WR's up, stacked, angle one slightly left, and one slightly right. good luck.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I've thought about the same thing myself. I haven't tried it yet, but how about this? If you want to throw a bullet pass to a receiver, place him on a magnet. Then run the board for a little bit, depending on the length of the throw. Say 1 second for a short pass, 2 for a medium or 3 for a long pass. Then, if a defender reaches the reciever it's incomplete. If the defender stops or goes in front of the receiver it's an interception. If nobody gets in front or to the receiver, it's complete. Then turn the board back on and continue the play. Let me know if it works.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
I've thought about the same thing myself. I haven't tried it yet, but how about this? If you want to throw a bullet pass to a receiver, place him on a magnet. Then run the board for a little bit, depending on the length of the throw. Say 1 second for a short pass, 2 for a medium or 3 for a long pass. Then, if a defender reaches the reciever it's incomplete. If the defender stops or goes in front of the receiver it's an interception. If nobody gets in front or to the receiver, it's complete. Then turn the board back on and continue the play. Let me know if it works.
This is somewhat simliar to what I do in my solo leagues, except I do it after the catch.

Once a receiver is identified, I measure out using one of the old pass simulation sticks (the long one that was half red, half white). If it's less than half the length of the stick, it's a 1-second runoff, more than half, 2 seconds, if it's longer than the stick, 3 seconds.

Once the pass is completed, the defense pivots unengaged players and gets their run off toward the receiver, who is replaced by a referee on a magnet. If no one gets him, the receiver is returned, pivoted, and the defense pivots again.

I've found that it really highlights safety play. Teams with good safeties and outside linebackers can really hold down yards after catch. Teams with bad safeties ... they're in trouble!

Ed