Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 07:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default An amazing stat!

I was just thinking about how long I have been playing this game since I re-discovered it back in 1974. There is one thing that suddenly popped into my head. After 36+ years, countless NFL teams that I have made or painted for myself and others, and my latest fantasy league teams, hundreds of games played by myself or with others, many moves around California and Michigan. And then there are the trips to Canton and the displaying for the United Way kids in '08.

Of the thousands and thousands of times that I have handled these little players:

Once, I accidentally stepped on a player and broke his legs. I was able to epoxy him back together and paint over his breaks.

Once, I dropped a player onto the ground and had his arm break off. I was able to fix that as well.

Twice this year, I had to fix broken noses for the Bozos. I pretty much expected that to happen as their noses are so small and only held on by a tiny dab of Elmers white glue.

And that is it! I just thought it was remarkable that in all those years, this is the extent of injuries to my players. Either I'm extremely lucky, or these guys have one hell of an off season conditioning program!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Coach

Default Al you need help

One other stat how manys years have you gone without medication!!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:49 AM
MFCA MEMBER

lol. yep. worse day in my MF/EF history, regarding injuries to players, in 1975, our cat sneak attacked one WR from my then brand new to me white jersey , white helmet and pants Eagles. he mangled that thing. im thinking a small dog or puppy got ahold of it before i found it. i still have that dude too, he has tiny teethmark impressiond all over, but mostly on his legs. one foot came off the stand too. i called my buddy in EF, and ask him to paint me a replacement eagle. 2 days later, he had done the WR fig, but he painted it in the then current dark uni, with green helmet. i said "wth" and that player has remained part of that team since then.

the last part of that reminds me of my original CL dark bills. i got them for a quarter in '75. they had a WR missing, and i told the kid i wouldnt buy them without all the players, he said he had a substitute player. he brought the sub out, it was a handpainted white jersey, blue pant WR with #32....OJ's number. he also has been on that bills team since then.

ive been lucky, i think ive only had 1 or 2 other players get sat or stepped on. you know stepping on them is common when your a kid and play all your games on the floor...lol.