Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 12:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Stupid Rookie Question #8 (I think...)

Multi-part question:

How much time do you spend on MF; all aspects combined: play, tweaking, painting, on web site, ect?

If applicable, what does your wife think of your level of involvement with MF?

I'd guess I'm around an hour a day; some much more, some none at all.

Not enough in my opinion but way to much in my wife's.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Depend about the job rush...at work and at home.

Love to take about 3-4 hours per week...when my wife is going to his Yoga and Karate courses, then i'm free (LOL!!!)

Take it easy.

Benster
Old 01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I get maybe an hour or so a week (more after the NFL season is over). My husband would like me to spend more time on it...that way he regains control of the tv.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I usually come onto the forum a few times per day (dont stay very long each time). I will customize teams when I am watching football some times.

My girlfriend is cool with it for the most part. Some times we will watch a show/movie that she wants to and I will do some figure building. I am also teaching her to play (thus far she is 1-0 against me...).
Old 01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

usually 2-3hours a day...including time spended on the forum. But these last weeks, it's more about 2-3hours a week
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Time on EF

Check the my email and the forum first thing every morning (15-30 minutes) and then first thing when I get home in the afternoon or evening (another 15-30 minutes) and again before I go to bed (another 15-30 minutes).

Then usually spend 1-3 hours every evening painting or playing solitaire.

My wife doesn't usually say to much because she is busy with school work. She is an elementary school teacher (first grade).

We are both in our 50's with no children at home, so not a lot else to do.

So I would say, counting weekends, at a minimum, 20 hours a week spent of EF/MF activities.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THIS IS A GREAT QUESTION

Cause we are all in the same boat to some degree.

I check the site at some point in the day while at work for few minutes, then when i get home for a few then at some point at night for a few.

i am always up to something in the hobby, painting, customizing, tweaking, practicing or solitairing. I try to do something each day, but dont always get to it. Sundays are my best day cause i do things while watching the games.
Fridays are good too cause i stay up late. Other than that, i grab time whenever i can. So i would say maybe 1/2 hour each day TOPS, then 2-3 hours on fridays and sundays.

My wife is cool with it (barely ) cause she knows that this is a hobby that truly love. She has grown to respect it a great deal so she leaves me alone, so long as i take care of husband, father and man-of-the-house responsibilities. It is a juggle, for sure. But i gotta say that i am thankful my 3 kids get along with eachother very well and are pretty independant as a group, and individually, so that allows me to have a little bit time for MF.

BUT, i dont play video games any more. I dont hang out much at all. I certainly dont talk on the phone much AT ALL. And unless its fantasy football season, i dont go on the computer too much either. So all that i am missing out on, goes towards my MF time as well. Huh, i guess i am not missing out on anything.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
BUT, i dont play video games any more. I dont hang out much at all. I certainly dont talk on the phone much AT ALL.
Same here. I bought some video games a few months ago, and barely never played them.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Exclamation Whoa...

I usually get into work about 8am and I immediately check my email and then load up this site. I get dumped off unless I go to the "view who's online" page. So I usually am logged on all day, even though I'm not necessarily participating.

I get home and I check my email again and then I usually spend the remainder of the evening working on gameboards until dinner. Then it's beers and more gameboards until about 11pm. I wasn't getting to spend any time on my own hobby or on my homelife, so I had to cut back

NOW, I usually spend about an hour a day, my wife wishes that this hobby didn't exist. hahaha!!!

The coach formerly known as "rollertaco"...
Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default absolutely

not enough