Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2006, 06:58 PM
OU fan

Default OU-Nebraska (The Order Has Been Restored)

Late in the college football season and the conference champion will be crowned (in Kansas City). The winner gets a sweet bowl game, the loser a good bowl game. This is how I remember it growing up, and I think it should ALWAYS come down to these two at the end. My Christmas wish is in Santa's bag, heading to my house. Oklahoma beats the Huskers for the chance to play for the national championship (OH WAIT, thanks to Oregon and thier home-field refs, and Oklahoma State beating the Huskers, the national title thing is out the window). Anyhow, thanks to my Big 12 darkhorse (A&M) knocking off the over-rated Longhorns, the best possible scenario will play out in Weirdwolf's recreation room.
The Missouri, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, and Texas fans can only wish thier teams could be there next Saturday. Come to think of it, I wish I could be there..................Lynn, do you know of ANY Chiefs season ticket holders who'd part with one little ticket in Arrowhead for a silly little college game?
Old 11-25-2006, 07:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

And waiting around the corner in the Fiesta Bowl ...

Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

See?

Old 01-02-2007, 04:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooMorgans View Post
See?

Obviously.. As a Kansan.. I was pulling for Oklahoma..
All I've got to say to Boise State and OU is this..

THANKS FOR SUCH A GREAT GAME TO WATCH.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
JIMBO

Default Bsu

BSU is on my desk as we speak. It's about time they get a shot and boy did they prove that they are worthy. I hope their program can maintain it.

Hey Bill and Wolf: You guys wanna do a Big Ten vs. Big 12 Tourney? Yous guys got enough of the 12 represented and we (MWEFL) have the Ten repped and prepped. LMK.

What if we did this annually according to where we live? Can you imagine playing your Conference locally and then getting 2gether for an actual "Playoff" Series against OldSchool and his ACC compadres or Beenutt's SEC or Mike Turner's MWAC or the PAC-10 guys in LA or Patrick Morris and the MAC or Big Keith and Lomax's Big East? (Examples only! ) I think we could get almost every school repped. Just a thought, LMK.

Last edited by JIMBO : 01-02-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default College Football national championship

Jimbo,

Your idea is very similar to what Don and I have been discussing for the past few weeks. I national championship of college schools from around the country based upon the geographical area that you live in. Imagine the different leagues (coaches) around the country playing in their own conference championship. Then at the end of the year, all of the conference champions meet in one area for a series of bowl games and a national championship game. Don and I will be starting the discussions at the Miggle convention and we'd love to have as many people involved as possible in the planning stages. Maybe the local (conference) league dues could pay to help send the conference champion to the bowl games - to help cover some of his travel expenses, etc. Just some ideas that are on the drawing board now!

beenutt
Old 01-03-2007, 03:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I think that's a good idea. that would add 1 more dimension to playing football. One question , what if you have more than one league in the area (like we have MWEFL ,Norbert and Al are in Detroit and the Greatlakes league is in our area) how would you get one champion from those leagues? btower06
Old 01-03-2007, 12:18 PM
JIMBO

Default Hypothetically speaking...

...each league would be its own Conference, let's say we would be/could be the MAC and the GLEFL would be/could be the Big Ten or vice versa or Big Ten (MWEFL) and Big Ten (GLEFL). We could also use the Div. 2 or 3 Conference names as well, whatever that league decides to be called. Now the "problem" arises when there are 15 different Michigans around the country!?! Who gets rights on a school? Do we play hardball and go 1st come, 1st pick? Do we do a Draft for teams live on a ChatBoard? Or do we just have Michigan (1) in the GLEFL thru Michigan (15) in the LAEFL???

We would have to agree on team selection more so than the rules - 'cause ya know our MWEFL College Rules are air-tight. The ONLY thing I don't like is that in college, when the ball carrier goes down, he's down and in most leagues that play NFL, they use that (college) rule, so it really isn't as big of a difference as it should be. At least we have the "1 corner out-of-bounds" rule, the Fullhouse Backfield, the Option and college OT. Those 4 things really make for an exciting game.