Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2011, 04:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Can someone break down the clear difference between Haiti and Hong Kong Teams

hog legs
chicken legs,
Did Haiti ever make 67 Big Men???? etc...I really thought I knew and I thought it was clear from looking at the platform Nope. Please post pics and explain...Coachback where are you
Old 02-04-2011, 04:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Now this I know.

Hog Legs were made in 1969 mostly right after the 67 big men. That is why you see some 67 teams with a couple of hog legs.

Chicken Legs started in the early seventies, you can see the transition between hog and chicken around 1970-71. Chickens lean a lot due to the use of less plastic.

Haiti came after Chicken Legs. 1975-76. I remember getting Rams, Bengals, Steelers, and Dolphins at Colonial in downtown Detroit.

Haiti has a chalky feel. There is no translucence whatsoever in the plastic. Although they look bigger they are actually a lighter plastic than the earlier chicken and hogs.

I'll post pics later but for right now, for some reason, I am starved!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default here you go

Straight from the living legend....CAPANTHER

All 67 Bigmen had the words "hong kong" engraved on the bottom of the base.
In late 1968 Tudor switched to slightly smaller men , that would become to be known as "hoglegs" . Hoglegs only have 3 players with "hong kong" on the bottom.
Once again in 1970 Tudor switched their men again and made what we call "chicken legs". Chicken legs were almost the same size as hoglegs but not as thick and not as detailed and only come in black shoes. Chicken legs were made from 1970 until 1974.
Haiti figures were bigger than Hoglegs but smaller than 67 Bigmen. Haiti figures were probably known best for nice neat paint jobs. Like all their older "brothers" from Hong Kong that had certain identifiable characteristics., Haiti could be identified by the little "burs" on each side of their base on the bottom side.
All of Hong Kong and haiti teams from 1967 until about 1975 or 76 had black shoes.
This changed at this time and all figures after that had and still are produced with white shoes. In 1978 or 79 production was switched back to Hong Kong where it stayed until the early 90's when China took over production.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 60's

most off the TUDOR men in the 60;s were HAITI men. for those that have seen my DENVER BRONCOS, most off the men I have are HAITI MEN. and they are not light.

BRONCOMAN
Old 02-04-2011, 09:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up thanks Coaches

Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

If I remember right there is a really good article in the tweak somewhere that explains it pretty well with pics.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I've had some of all the styles that Tudor/Miggle has ever produced, but I don't claim to be an expert. One thing I know for a fact is that as early as 1973 Tudor was selling Haiti figures unpainted. I ordered some, actually quite a lot for a teenager of limited funds at the time, and they came in the mail and I remember being very disapointed at the time because they were different than the ones I had been getting. I ordered through the mail on the mail in form in the games before Christmas of 1972. They arrived in February of 1973. I still have the reciept around somewhere. And yes I am positive they were Haitis, even has "Haiti" stamped under the stands.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

1967 deluxe... or bigman
1968-1969 hogleg
1970-1974 true chicken leg(there are newer chicken legs that were right after the 1979 haiti's.)
1973-unpainted haiti's
1974-1976 blackshoe haiti
1977-1979 whiteshoe haiti
there have been numerous examples of teams that had white shoes painted over the blackshoes, from the "factory"... there were actually a version of dark blue vikings in '69, some say they just covered part of the RAMS horn cause they made so many RAMS teams, some say the painters lost in translation on many teams. red jersey broncos was another one.

another factor that has caused a problem with the dates is..... "old store stock" you may have gotten this or that and it was told to you it was a brand new item, but that doesnt mean it didnt sit somewhere else a few years before it got to the store where you purchased it. even the tudor booklets were off by a year on a couple of things, they didnt make tons of money back then, heck, in 68 or 69 they did their own version of "photoshop" in their booklets so they wouldnt have to print new ones.

if we dont get exact proof soon, it will be too late one of these days, most of the tudor employees are no longer with us.