Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Default Need Some Help guys....

Ok...so..I am still EXTREMELY new to this hobby. I have been painting models for awhile and love the idea of football models as it ties my two favorite hobbies together.

I am working on a project for x-mas...which is custom painted high school teams for a few of the guys I played ball with in college. I have them painted and I am happy with the results but I have hit a snag....

I was trying to make decals for the first time ever and could only find the cheap-o Testors kit. I tried making them....and well...it did not turn out so well.

Long story short...the dealine is fast approaching and I have to get numbers for these teams. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I could get them? I know Miggle sells those single color ones....but Buzzball has two color(what I would prefer) and TV numbers. Anyone know if they are good? What should I do?

Please help guys....
Old 12-04-2006, 05:14 PM
JIMBO

Default Yes

Buzzball puts out very good numbers. I've never had any problems with them until a bad set of Bears numbers recently, but George is sending out a replacement set. As far as peel-n-stick is concerned, they're definitely better than Miggle.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I've purchased more than several sets of numbers from buzzball..

They stick very well, and I've never had a problem..

As far as comparing them to the Miggle numbers...
Well there is no comparison..
While the white Miggles are fine, I don't know how many times I have purchased yellow numbers that are just too translucent..

The extra money you spend on the buzzball numbers is well worth it.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Default thanks guys

Thanks..I knew you guys would help me out. I am going to order them from Buzzball right now. Not as good as making the whole thing myself, but I guess it will have to do.

They are stick on numbers? That really sucks. Is there anyway to make them look decent on the figure? Just curious.

Thanks again guys
Old 12-06-2006, 02:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Numbers

Buzzball Numbers Are Just Fine And Dandy!

Use Them All The Time When I Am Not Using Decals.

Below Is A Few Pictures Of Them. You Can Cut The Area Around The Numbers Closer Than What I Did......

Enjoy
Attached Images

Last edited by Coach K-LO : 12-06-2006 at 02:12 PM.