Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mpfl Dvd Testimonials

Please express you're thought on the MPFL DVD so that othere's will know about this system that allows you to play real football with miniatures figures.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up My Experience

I was introduced to the MPFL playing style and AB at this years Brawl.
First - the guy in the post is not the guy you meet in person. AB I found to be a great guy.
I received my DVD on Monday and was very impressed with the entire layout. It is very professional in every aspect from start to finish. (Very nice job AB)
Although he spent time showing me the system in person, I must say that the DVD gives you so much more. I have watched it 3 times and am now going through it one section at a time. I found that it is very helpful and informative (it really opens your eyes) if you play one section of the DVD (ex. Kickoffs) and practice right along with the DVD.
This really gives you the opportunity to experience the strategy that goes into every play and each player’s position. I would say the price of $35 dollars is will worth the money for all the information and presentation that you get. I will update as I get more hands on experience. I would love to hear others comments that have purchased the DVD.

Looking for that Sunday experience with these little men
Go Bucs

Tbuc
Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Coach

I just got mine and watched it yesterday.

Very well put together.

Very professional.

Very easy to follow.

You have absolutely put a lot of thought into how to make it more of a simultation. There are certain restrictions that prevent 100% pure simulation because after all...it is a toy running on vibration. But you have thought of just about everything you can to put as much simulation into the game the way you play it.

It is definitely for the players that want to play with more actual football strategy involved.

I would bet that some would find it too overwhelming & complicated because of all of the nuances you have to put into it to make it more "realistic". I'm sure there are many people in the hobby that just are just going to prefer a more simple way to play. But I'm also sure there is a market for this style.

To each his own...

Great job.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 AM
WallyJ

AB has done a fantastic job in putting together this DVD. I’ve watched it from beginning to end twice so far. The DVD goes in depth on the whole MPFL system and does a great job of explaining all the finer nuances of this system. It is well produced and professionally put together. And Anthony’s passion for the game comes through throughout the entire DVD.

So what does this video give you? It shows you in great detail MPFL system and how you can take this game to the next level. And it does this by giving you a well thought out system that will allow you to make the game more realistic and closer to the real game of football.

Is this style for everyone? If you enjoy X’s and O’s and a game that will test your overall knowledge of the game… then MPFL is for you!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Coop

Thumbs up

I'm about 2/3 of the way through so far. The DVD is very interesting and extremely well-produced. If you are on the fence about giving it a look, go ahead and give it a shot.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I'm Pleased

I'm very pleased that you all like the system and understand it, I hope that you will enjoy playing it for years and years to come.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Got it and thought I'd share my initial impressions...

I got the DVD on friday and you guys did a fine job putting it together, great job! So far the DVD seems very well organized and does a nice job show casing the rule set. The MPFL is definately chess like and I'm looking forward to finishing the DVD and trying a few plays. I haven't been able to watch it for more than 15 minutes at a time yet (kids do that) but my initial concern is with the time per play. With 3 stoppages and 20 second adjustment times, can you give me some real life experience with the length of time per running and passing plays? Overall my first impression is that if you want to play with the pure X's and O's and run plays that you see on sunday (and enjoy the involved chess like move/counter-move) then this system is the answer.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks

The system allows you to feel every thing that player, coaches feel and think in a game.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default write up coming very shortly

Hey ant,

Got both dvd's, excellent !!!!!!!!!!! personal write up coming later on today !!!

Mantaray-dre
Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thank you Happy Cat

Happt Cat I want to thank you and I'm very pleased that you totally understand what this is.

I hope that you will enjoy this system for years and years to come.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Anthony,

Congratulations and bravo to you, the MPFL and EF Planet! The MPFL System as demonstrated and explained on your DVD is excellent!

A few quick observations and comments: The description “Sports Simulation Strategy Game” cannot be more appropriate. If you are a student of the game, you can’t help but love this method of play. I believe this system could elevate the game to a height of appeal that it has yet to experience.

The presentation is clear, simple and easily understood. The simulation of penalties, tackles, broken tackles, passing, quarterback scrambling, pass coverage, etc. is outstanding. Multiple stoppages, players remaining stationary for a time, blocking, redirecting of players, among other similarities capture the essence of real football! These features also empower coaches with greater control of play development and the input of strategy over “chance”.

Regarding technical aspects of the presentation: the graphics, colors, setup, order and transitions are excellent, first rate. The entire package is professional and very appealing!

Through your DVD, you’ve given the Miniature Football Community the keys to the Maserati.

Much success to you with this System!

Best Wishes,

HappyCat