Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Decal Master

Default Linebacker Play w/ diagrams

This is a basic post on linebacker play vs the run. It's all about managing your players and pursuing as the play progresses through the stoppages.

Running dozens and dozens of practice plays is the only way to get good at this. Granted of course that you have the fundamentals down pat.

Also, for me; please remove the word "looper" from your vocabulary. I have always hated that word and want it erased from the books. There is no such position as looper. Linebackers are multi-taskers. Call them MLB, OLB, ILB or Mike, Sam, and Will for advanced users.
Attached Images

Last edited by Decal Master : 11-10-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:54 AM
Decal Master

Notice in these examples that the players are changing direction 2 to 3 times per play as things develop in real time. This is the real beauty of the stoppage process.

I have become a hopeless practice junkie. It's all about the next play.

Last edited by Decal Master : 11-10-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thant's How You Get It Done!!!

Beautiful Post!!!

This is football basic 101, and how, what you actual know about football comes into play.

You're right about the what the LB's do, but there are many coaches who play MF and have a understanding of that game but really don't understand the game off football and thus they are unable to assimilate .

The game is more than just chance, or one directional movements, but is in fact a thinking mans game.

Yea I have heard them say that you can program/tweak a base to do this and that and that's good. But the ability of the base/player is nothing without the direction/knowledge of the position he plays.

No tweaked base can change direction 2-4 times durring the play to make the play and to reflect the intelligence of the player and coach.

So we build off of that, but at the end of the day the bottom line is that you play the way you like either in an adstract or realism.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee said it best......

Boards don't fight back!!!!!!

It's easy to play the game when no one can react, but when you can react then just how good/smart are you?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default These Are Good Posts But......

THE HUMAN FACTOR HAS NEVER BEEN MENTIONED. You speak of intelligence...which in fact translates to philosophies which translates to tendancies...you see in my opinion when you are coaching basically you are countering someones habits as opposed to really a philosophy. When you take a game film and break it down...at any level...... what you are truly looking for are a coaches .....or even a players tendancies....you see everyone: pro, college,semi pro...pop warner has tendancies to their game planning and that is what you are looking for. You can run the same play on offense a hundred times and the defense can know what play you are running and eventually, atleast once maybe even twice that play will work because of human error(tendancies)

Last edited by mozeek : 11-10-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That's It!!!!!!

That's it baby!!!!

When you add the human factor to the equation then something special takes place. Position disctpline, accountability for you're players, all add to the experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
THE HUMAN FACTOR HAS NEVER BEEN MENTIONED. You speak of intelligence...which in fact translates to philosophies which translates to tendencies...you see in my opinion when you are coaching basically you are countering someones habits as opposed to really a philosophy. When you take a game film and break it down...at any level...... what you are truly looking for are a coaches .....or even a players tendencies....you see everyone: pro, college,semi pro...pop warner has tendencies to their game planning and that is what you are looking for. You can run the same play on offense a hundred times and the defense can know what play you are running and eventually, atleast once maybe even twice that play will work because of human error(tendencies)
Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Decal Master

This message is for Mozeek,

Interesting. This is also where the actual props and tools of the game come back into play as well. Those who are good at prepping bases for weighted football have a hidden science that I confess to not yet have.

For example, Kev Boddie has a two ton offensive and defensive line that no one can consistently run on. While a lot of the Beltsville guys introduced speed to the MPFL which was not really championed in 2006 so we all had to adjust our bases to upgrade.

Another beauty of this is that when you discover your opponent's tendancies you have to counter it and you will normally get better yourself by borrowing from your experiences. I agree that if we did possess game film of each other that this process would be different. Since we don't you really have to fall back on football fundamentals particularly early in the game which was the idea of this post.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ?

With all the translations going on you can lose sight of the purpose.

The areas that you're touching on are......

1: Coaching Knowledge
Understanding the positions on the field, game plan, managing the talent on you're team.

2: Player Knowledge
How well does the player understand his duties and responcibility along with executing the play call

3: Rules of the game
What are the rules of the game of football.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ?

My post was in reference to THE MPFL style of play which simulates "REAL FOOTBALL" and all i was saying is that the human error factor was never called into play...

THATS ALL FOLKS......DIDN'T WANT TO DEBATE ANYTHING JUST STATING MY OPINION AS I SEE COACHING FOOTBALL
Old 11-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Decal Master

Mozeek

I didn't know mean for you to feel that it was a disagreement. How can anyone argue with human error. If you read the graphic again closely you'll see that there is a point made of human error with regard to missed blocks, etc.

And AB, what the heck does Enter the Dragon have to do with this? You know I make greeting cards too right? We need to put you to work so you can release some of that pent up poetry inside. Joking of course.